• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Parking space at Your military Unit

Troubleman24

Inactive
Reaction score
Yeah I was wondering is there any designated Parking spaces for members of the CF at their units?
I have to report to mine( RMR Montreal) this tuesday for the first time, since i recently got sworn in for the reserves.
If there is I'll just come by car if no i'll just come by bus.

I believe the "official policy" is that there are no designated parking spaces however we all see spaces set aside for COs and others.  I've not read any regs on that but while it's done I don't believe its technically allowed.  As for everyone else, its usually first come first served and now in many locations it's a pay for use system.  I know I need to pay for a parking pass for my unit but that only allows me the opportunity to park there.  If I get there and all the spaces are filled, even though I payed for a pass, I'm outta luck and need to park elsewhere. 

First day?  Drive and park in visitors parking or where ever you can until you know what is going on. 

Each unit usually has a small number of assigned spots for the Command team and duty personnel. I recall recently that Canada Revenue deemed assigned parking as a taxable benefit, but that scramble parking was not. This resulted in great changes in urban locations where parking is at a premium; most notably Halifax.

If the bus is logistically feasible, that might be a good option. Otherwise, park nearby and ask for clarification once you get there.

As I recall there is minimal parking at the RMR - like many urban armouries, there are a handful of spots for duty vehicles, not personal vehicles.  There may be an arrangement with a nearby facility that has parking (for example, until they moved to Longue Pointe, the engineers down the street from the RMR used the parking lot of the adjacent high school.

Thanks for the answers. I guess I'll go there by car on my first day to see what's up.
Since i'll be there from 7 to 10 PM I can always park it near a metro and just take the train/bus over there if parking is really difficult.

These days there's either no parking, or what parking is left has been turned over to a private for-profit company that charges $15 for the few hours you're there.

Schindler's Lift said:
I know I need to pay for a parking pass for my unit but that only allows me the opportunity to park there.  If I get there and all the spaces are filled, even though I payed for a pass, I'm outta luck and need to park elsewhere.

:facepalm:  That's all 31 flavours of fucked-up if you ask me. 

Back