• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Part-Time University Studies (Online)

darkskye

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I have accepted the offer for Naval Communicator and will begin Basic Training in November.

I have approximately 19 courses remaining to complete before I can earn my degree. Using on-the-job-training I should, hopefully, be able to PLAR some of the technical courses associated with those 19 remaining courses.

What are the chances of being able to finish my degree part-time while employed with the Canadian Forces in the Navy? Any spare time or will I always be busy?

Degree: Bachelor of Technology (Technology Management)

Regards,

Usually the ships have pretty good access to the internet even at sea. Sometimes not so much depending on the EMCON they are in and the availability of satellite time. Add into that your work schedule. At sea its usually 1 in 2. Alongside homeport your free to do whatever studying you want as long as it doesn't interfere with your job. My wife got her degree part time. Taking a couple of courses when she could. They were usually in the evening and weekends. Took her a bit longer because she was going to sea or I was and we had to schedule babysitters around that as well.
It can be done but it probably won't be easy and it will take longer. You could talk to the Education Coordinator on board and ask them for some advice or go to the BPSO. Some of the courses MAY be reimbursed by the CF.

Back