• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Past Co-op Students to be paid in LFCA

Should Past Students Be Given The Pay

• Don't Care

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
greetings all.

I just got the word from my unit last night that the pay is going to be retroactive. I filled out some forms in the BOR and apparently Im going to be getting paid for my co-op time from back in 1999. how much, and when I'll be getting it, is still unknown. Anyways, if there are any other former co-op students in the 31CBG area, specifically the hamilton garrision I reccomend going to your BOR and finding out for yourself if you are eligable for the retro pay.

Cheers.

CFL said:
Will people who got out be getting this money?

My impression is that they will, because they were entitled to it at the time. Getting out doesn't affect that.

Cheers

A big BUMP for this thread, as a CANFORGEN has been released on this topic:

CANFORGEN 189/05 CLS 025/05 121821Z DEC 05
LFCA PRIMARY RESERVE CO-OPERATIVE EDUCATION BACK PAY
UNCLASSIFIED

REF: CLS 7204-1 (DLRM 2-2), DATED 17 OCT 04

1. THE AIM OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO ADVISE OF AN ONGOING INITIATIVE WITHIN LAND FORCE CENTRAL AREA (LFCA) TO IDENTIFY FORMER MILITARY HIGH SCHOOL CO-OPERATIVE EDUCATION STUDENTS FROM THE LATE 1980'S TO 2001. THE MAJORITY OF STUDENTS WHO PARTICIPATED IN THESE LFCA CONDUCTED CO-OPERATIVE EDUCATION COURSES DID NOT RECEIVE ALL OF THEIR ENTITLED PAY FOR THEIR MILITARY TRAINING.

2. AT REFERENCE, THE CLS IDENTIFIED AN ARMY OBJECTIVE TO SEE AS MANY FORMER MILITARY HIGH SCHOOL CO-OPERATIVE EDUCATION STUDENTS RECEIVE THE PAY FOR WHICH THEY ARE ENTITLED. PLEASE NOTE THAT STUDENTS WHO COMPLETED A CO-OPERATIVE EDUCATION PLACEMENT WITH A CF UNIT FOR WHICH THEY WERE NOT ENROLLED IN THE CF ARE NOT ENTITLED TO PAY UNDER THIS INITIATIVE.

3. ALL CF UNITS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CANVAS THEIR SAILORS, SOLDIERS, AIRMEN AND AIRWOMEN TO DETERMINE IF ANY CURRENTLY SERVING MEMBERS UNDER THEIR COMMAND ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS BACK PAY. CURRENT SERVING MEMBERS WISHING TO MAKE APPLICATION UNDER THIS INITIATIVE ARE REQUIRED TO DO SO THROUGH THEIR UNIT ORDERLY ROOM. CURRENT MEMBER APPLICATION FORMS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE UNIT COMPLETION OF AN APPLICANT FILE CAN BE FOUND ON THE INTRANET AT:

HTTP://ARMYONLINE.KINGSTON.MIL.CA/LFCA/143000440018795/DEFAULT.ASP

4. FORMER MEMBERS OF THE CF ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR BACK PAY UNDER THIS INITIATIVE ARE ALSO ENCOURAGED TO MAKE AN APPLICATION. THEY CAN DO SO BY CONTACTING THE LFCA RESERVE CO-OPERATIVE EDUCATION BACK PAY DESK AT (416) 633 6200 EXTENSION 5110.

5. QUESTIONS ON THIS INTIATIVE OR THE APPLICATION PROCESS MAY BE DIRECTED TO THE LFCA RESERVE CO-OPERATIVE EDUCATION BACK PAY DESK AT (416) 633 6200 EXTENSION 5110. MEDIA INQUIRIES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE LFCA PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE AT (416) 633-6200 EXTENSION 5500.

I've heard from a few people on this matter, that unlike common belief, the pay is a back pay.

Former students will be getting paid based upon what the daily rate was when they DID the course, not the current $76 a day.

I know a couple of guys who will be dissapointed their check will not be around $4000.

J. Gayson said:
Thats strange, only 2 of the 30 something BMQ coop candidates at my unit left last year.

Myself and several of my friends are interested in doing coop with your unit in 2007, and all want to keep going with it after...

I personally like the whole premise, the money is just an extra attraction. Some kids I know wanted to do it, but decided not to when they found out you have to be able to do 19 pushups to get in...  :crybaby:

I can't see that many "money hounds" being dedicated enough, maybe I'm stunned...

76 a day can be a lot of money for a teenager, especially when they're on CLASS B during their summer courses at Meaford.

pbi basically stated the rationale on this backpay deal: the students are enrolled members of the CF...we (the CF) cannot ask them to come in everyday (as was the case when I took it in '01) wear the uniform, get treated like a recruit and just give them a Thanks For Coming Out. They have to be paid. I got 2 co-op credits, 1 phys ed and 1 geography credit, since we did to PT and did learn geo/history.
I don't see how anyone can say the CF shouldn't pay them. yes, i realize other HS students don't get paid for their co-op, but their co-op doesn't take up the same time ours did, and I know a TON of kids I went to highschool with got jobs with their co-op or through their co-op (except those chumps that did co-op in a school, ;) )
"What did you do at your co-op?" "I supervised grade ones at recess. What did you do?" "oh, cammed up and crawled around on the ground in the rain with a rifle!"

I am doing the Co-Op Program this year with the OntRs. I'll be getting 4 credits and I was told I'll be doing this all second semester doing training mostly. BMQ and SQ before and after march break. I was also told we would go in for the whole week and do 1 weekend a month when we would be done our BMQ and SQ. We would get payed I think it is now somewhere in the 80 dollar range. I was told it went up.

This summer I plan to stay in. I and the others would go and do our RO11 course(Armoured Crewman). I don't care much for the money. I'm just doing it because I have always wanted to.

And someone said on here that people didn't want to do the Co-Op because they heard you have to do 19 push-ups?  :D I found it easy. Not that hard if your determined to do it.

I just finished my recruiting process in November and started in June/July. Now I am waiting for a phone call from the unit. It's taken since June/July to now wait to take the oath and get the gear.

Scardee Cat said:
And someone said on here that people didn't want to do the Co-Op because they heard you have to do 19 push-ups?  :D

Yep, just a couple super-soldiers from my class...

Back