• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Patiently waiting

You applied Feb 28 05? Man you haven't been waiting at all.. Don't complain about the length of time it takes to do something when you've only been there for a month and a half..

HA!! Sean Paul, you have no idea what you are talking about, so in future, research first.   I never failed any P.T. test, and if you'd opened your eyes and looked around you would know that the test expires after 6 months.   As you can see, (if you can read) is that my file is coming up on 1 and a half years of age.   Next time, if you have some kind of stupid comment like that, PM someone or shut your hole.   If this is your attitude as a civ, then you are in for a world of hurt, I hope for your sake, and for your platoon's sake, that you get yourself sorted out.  

Failed the P.T. test, HA!! NOT me buddy, you don't know me, you don't know what I've done, I'm not saying I'm anything overly special, but I've never seen a Cherry Jumper fail a P.T. test, and if you looked at my profille (that research thing again), you'd know that I'm not just some chump who is going to take your stupid comments.  

If you were interested in why my file has taken so long, I would gladly have told you had you asked me in a civil manner before allowing the stupid gene to kick in start assuming things.   It has nothing to do with failing, or not preparing for anything.   And if you want to talk about motivation buddy, pull up a chair and grab a coffee because we will be here for a long time.   I am into adventure racing, and I just did my own "ultramarathon", with a 60 pound ruck from gravenhurst to Newmarket (granted I did not run).   And my next trip is going to be from Newmarket to Ottawa, I do NOT need to hear about motivation from someone like you.

Sort yourself out man.

:cdn: i wasn't complaining was just understanding i be waiting for my turn i understand that it be from 3month to 6months to over a year.  :army:  8)

Good news...Kincanuck told me to call at my recruit center....so i called, i have to redo my pt on may12, QMB august23...maybe before..... 8)

tx kincanuck

lol i have been waiting for a year now, and they only let me do the aptitude test,mentioned nothing about the other tests.

i can do 40 sit ups,15 push ups really behind bec during the wait,i hadnt been training that often.

I just handed in my application folder yesterday. The recruiter said I would receive a letter in the mail in about a week telling me to schedule some sort of meeting.  ???

I handed my application into my local reserve detachment last Wednesday (April 6) and I got a letter in the mail Monday (April 11) telling me to schedule my interview and tests in Regina. I go for them May 4 at 8:15 AM.

I got the second P.T. Test out of the way on Tuesday, did quite well actually.  Then they told me my update interview would be on the fifth of May,  I was a little bit disappointed by that because it's pretty far off, but figured, what the hell, it's nothing compared to what I've gone through so far.  Then I get home, and about an hour later, I get a call from the recruiting centre, asking if I can come in on Friday.  So that makes me pretty happy.  I'll let you all know how that went when it happens.

Still waiting for my presec to clear ..almost 3 yrs from time of application till today.
Got all test done within weeks of applying ...now gotta wait till my presec clears so i can redo my test phy&med again..

lol been avoiding this site for a while..got bit by teh bug and back here trading sob stories of how the recruiting process is slow....

MY ADVICE: 1) stop Bitching and keep working at getting yourself into shape.
                  2) Dont be so gullible..shite happens files tend to get lost whatever(belive me been thru those nightmare).
                      Some recruiters may blow smoke up your arse making you think your leaving next week(believe me your not !)
                      if you end up on course in a week after applying good for you..seriously i mean it.
                  3) Keep doing what you are doing till you get "THE CALL" to show up on so and so date to get sworn in.
                  4) It is a good practise to call thhe CFRC and find out about the progress of your fiile once every3 months, keeps you satisfied    that it is indeed being worked on also eliminates the posibility that errors go unnoticed for 6 months, then they call yoou back and say oh BTW you filled this incorrrectly or some information is missing..futhering your anger and disappointment of not being processed sooner.(just an example)

Sorry if I came across harsh, just venting some steam and trying to distribute a good dose of realiity. Oh yeah not to tick off any recruiters but this is from personal experience and having being witness to recruiters hyping up potential recruits, if #2 rubs ya the wrong way I apologise ;) although I can say this for the CFRC that smoke up the rear has almost stopped since the last time I checked with them, Now I get approximate time frames (eg. 12-18 months or so on) which is more helpful both for the CFRC and the potential recruit, by eliminating the influx of calls by recruits every day/week/month to find out about the status of their file and also good for the recruit as they have an approx timeframe to work with. End rant/ ;D

TO ALL RECRUITS WAITING TO GET IN:

READ AND REFLECT on the line #3, It will do you good.  

Cheers :salute:

Taking these 4 points into account, the only reason I can see why anyone would fail this test is that they are not motivated (or theyre injured as you said you were, whicch is excusable). And those who are not motivated are not army material, IMO.
You, nor I, for that matter know what is army material!

Look I can tell you right now that anyone who is not motivated is not army material. Come on, that much is obvious at the very least. I would go so far as to say that someone who is not motivated isn't military material period.

Is it in yet, is it in yet?? Come on, the whining on this site is hard to take sometime. If you are having a hard time waiting, go elsewhere!!!

You must realize that even though you have applied, the military does not revolve around you!!! Nor will it ever. Just have some patience and when you get your call, you get your call.

Back