• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay increments

Although not in the Canadian Forces I am retired from the Federal Public Service and rates of pay were similarly structured.
The PI I'd venture a guess stands for Pay Increment
The different PI levels just because like the Public Service you don't go right to top pay (well not supposed to) at your pay (or rank) level. Probably each PI takes one year
Now with Public Service most people got to top pay when a contract signed only because contract negotiations take so long that all pay levels reached and its time to start new contract negotiations...if that makes sense
Anyhow a guess on my part
I stand to be corrected

Tom

Quick look at the CBI and it reads to me that level A is just a regular Officer, B is an Officer that was a former NCM, and C is for a Commission for the Ranks Officer.

Someone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Assuming you're asking about the "A", "B" and "C" lines, these refer to specific cases in the CBIs. In the case of 2Lt, pay level "A" is the ordinary case that applies to direct officer entrants (DEO, RESO and OCTP entry plans for the Primary Reserve). Levels "B" and "C" refer to cases relating to folks with previous NCM service who are commissioned from the ranks.

The reading gets a little fussy, but all the gory details are available online for anyone who wants to wade into them: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/corporate/policies-standards/compensation-benefits-instructions/chapter-204-pay-policy-officers-ncms.html#sec-204-52

Back