• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay outs for the sexual misconduct class action settlement

Davesmithh

Inactive
Reaction score
Has anyone already been payed out, or know how a timeframe as to when you could expect to see the first part of the payout?

The Final Settlement Agreement, section 7.20, only specifies that it is to be paid out "as soon as reasonably practicable following verification".

Media report there are 4600+ claims filed to date. Assuming 20 reviewers (I do not know how many staff there are, this is just to make an estimate), spending a day on each claim, and that's already a year to deal with all the claims (less those already done, plus any new claims).

I am curious to see what other people's wait times have been.

SUBMITTED: Sept 2021
No decision as of April 2022
Recieved a confirmation number and contacted for RE.

Has anyone already been payed out, or know how a timeframe as to when you could expect to see the first part of the payout?
I applied in Nov of 2020 and received my approval letter October 2021, and $5000 about 2 weeks later. The rest is TBD after all claims are processed. They are curreny on about 10000 of 20000 claims :( very frustrating as there is no timeliness to completion.

I am curious to see what other people's wait times have been.

SUBMITTED: Sept 2021
No decision as of April 2022
Recieved a confirmation number and contacted for RE.
I applied Nov 2020 and got paid 1st payment Oct 2021

Given that the overall payout is capped, and take-up has been significant, they have to adjudicate all claims before making payments, in case payments will have to be prorated.

Back