• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay screw up

It's been a long time since I got double-paid in mid-December.  This still occurs in the ResF pay system?

No it does not.

Thanks Kratz ...

I have no clue what George is talking about with his #2 point down below then.  So, I'll go pour myself another java ...

I'm confused then,...what was George talking about??
[bearing in mind my last army pay was 1988] ;)

Bruce Monkhouse said:
I'm confused then,...what was George talking about??
[bearing in mind my last army pay was 1988] ;)

Dinosaur!!

Mt first pay was in 1988.  :p

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Anytime ya' want to go for a run girl............... :king:

:nana:

Any day.  We'll do a mixed session of run/rucksack.

I will be your rucksack and you can run.  :-*

The reason we used to pay out a full month's pay at mid-December was so the finance clerks could take Christmas leave instead of having to hang around to calculate it, post it and disburse it.  Because the majority of CF members usually took leave at that time, this practice was more or less in line with the regulations (the regulations say that you cannot draw unearned pay, except for an advance to cover an upcoming period of leave).  However, once we fully automated the pay system (early 90s) there was no longer a requirement to do this and the practice was ceased.  It's been so long since we stopped issuing a full month's pay in mid December that I can't remember when we actually stopped, but I think we did it by 1997 at the latest.

As for going to bi-weekly payments, it should actually help the management-challenged in that most significant creditors (e.g. mortgagers) have gone to weekly or bi-weekly collections.

Back