• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Paying RATS & Q while on pat/ql3

Hanley613

Inactive
Reaction score
I am being transferred from RES to reg this week. My course for new trade doesn't start for a couple months and I'll be placed on PAT Platoon. I was wondering if I will be required to pay rations and quarters while on pat platoon and while on course (ql3). I am married with kids with a home 600km from base. If so, how much? Anything related I have found in the forums is old (pre 2006).
TIA

First, congratulations on your CT.

Second, current regulations provide that you will be provided quarters at no expense, and be responsible to pay rations.

Third, it may (stress may) be possible to request to stay at your home location and work at your old Reserve unit until just before your course starts.  Address the request up your chain of command.

dapaterson said:
First, congratulations on your CT.

Second, current regulations provide that you will be provided quarters at no expense, and be responsible to pay rations.

Third, it may (stress may) be possible to request to stay at your home location and work at your old Reserve unit until just before your course starts.  Address the request up your chain of command.
Thank you. My unit wasn't willing to offer me OJE only due to the fact that a position in my trade no longer exists at my unit. Once I get to Borden, can I talk to them about getting me OJE at my unit for something unrelated. Such As, GD OR working in the QM?

Back