• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Percent of CF members hired out of highschool

maclachlan98

Inactive
Reaction score
I've been curious as to what a secondary school graduate's chance of enrollment would be if they submitted an application for the CF prior to graduating grade 12. If I did, when would be the best time to apply? as I'm currently starting grade 11 this month with intentions to graduate next year, when would be an ideal time for me to apply? Also, would the current in demand jobs (Pilot, Marine Engineer, Maritime Communicator, etc.) still be in demand based on applications that have been submitted since they were listed as so? Would it be worth to change around my courses to focus more on the sciences and math? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Good day,

Everyone that submits an application to Join the CAF (Canadian Armed Forces) has the same chance as anyone else that submits an application. It is the application process that then confirms an individual's qualifications towards a chosen occupation and entry plan.

The in demand occupations have not been determined far enough in advance of when you'd be graduating high school. Service in the CAF is a rewarding career and you should choose a career path that you will enjoy. Regarding the courses that you should take ensure that they match the perquisites for your chosen occupation and entry plan. The higher level of the courses you take (Academic/University level) will leave more doors open to you. A strong background in Math and Science are essential for a lot of the occuopations.

The time of year for you to apply would depend on the entry plan that you are choosing. If you are choosing one of the paid education entry plans ROTP (Regular Officer Training Plan) or the CEOTP Pilot (Continuing Education Officer Training Plan through Seneca College in Toronto, Ontario for a Bachelor of Aviation Technology and gain enough hours for your Pilot’s Wings over a four-year period) The time of year to apply would be end of September to the middle of January.

If your applying for NCM-SEP (Non-Commissioned Member Subsidized Education Plan) You must gain unconditional acceptance into an approved college/program related to one of the occupations providing this entry plan. Not all occupations have this entry plan available, check with your local recruiting centre prior to submitting your application for occupations and approved colleges/programs.

If you’re applying as unskilled (Meaning no prior CAF service) then you can apply after April first of the year that you are graduating.   

http://www.forces.ca/en/jobexplorer/browsejobs-70

Back