• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PERs : All issues questions...2003-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am an armywife just like my name says. I am very nervous about this and  need your help. My "husband" JUST got a posting message. Which is odd i think. Everybody had theirs a looong time ago. But anyways. When we realized that everyone was posted but not us we were ok with it until next summer. Will give us a year to do a few renos on the house and give us time to get pregnant. See, in quebec fertility ttreatment is free. So we really want to take advantage of this. BUT now that they deciede that we are going do you think that we can ask to push the move until January/ is this something doable??
Thanks for you answers!

edit to fix spelling in title

Anything is possible, have your husband talk to his chain of command and write up a memo asking for a change of report date.  In the memo state all the reasons why you are requesting a change of date.  The thing to remember is while the career managers try and look after the members quality of life, the needs of the CF come first.

Thank you. This is helping me alot. Yes he said that he will be doing a memo on Monday...what is bad (I think) is that he have been bitching and moaning for us to leave. Then when we realize it is not our turn this year we were ok with it and figured its just perfecr for the fertility treatment. But now...he says that if he refuses it and wait for next summer he might be on the "black list" if there is such a thing. and that we might be stuck to stay here for years (we have been here for 3) because of budget..(cuts) i really dont know what to think. he told me that yes you can extend for 30 days but until January?!

You can do 30 days very easily, but for January his career manager would have to cancel his posting message and issue a new one for a report date of January.  That is harder to do but not impossible if there is good reason (I had my posting delayed for 6 months) but be prepared for them to say no.

My last one was a surprise, I had my interview with my career manager was not going anywhere staying in BN few at least another year then a few months later a message arrived posting me.  I found out later that the career manager had retired and the new career manager had different plans.

Spring_bok said:
Actually I find it odd too.  When is a posting message ever a surprise?

I just got a posting message.... I'm deployed til November and told the CM that in my interview (had me slated for a 2CMBG spot already). Posting message was a no-cost move this summer, not sure why I got it, but my Chief Comm Op was successful in having it cancelled.

Career manager in 1987, "you're going to Lahr".  Posting message....  "Cold Lake"  (in Gomer Pyle voice - "Surprise Suprise Suprise"

Spring_bok said:
Message icon:

25 years ago things were different.  that was before DWAN!

And they walked up hill BOTH ways to every posting.

Have you considered looking into fertility treatment where you are to be posted?  It may be free there as well.

Currently Quebec is the only province that offers fertility treatment that is funded by the province. It is SO expensive in other provinces! Could you possibly IR post for a few months if they can't move the posting message? Maybe you can stay there for a bit, while your husband goes ahead? I know that's not ideal, but might be solution if you still want to access IVF treatments, and you get posted before you can complete them. Anyone know if that would even be possible?

armywife78 I noticed you put "husband" in quotations.  Does this mean you are not married or common law and he is your boyfriend?  If so, the chances of him using "girlfriend" on a memo and having success are slim. You might want to look into that.

I am a common-law wife. So that was the term used in the memo...But thanks for the suggestion. In ontario IVF is 15000$ per shot. It is not covered... only here in Quebec. As for IR suggestion...yes Hubby did mention it. Except that I do need him to doing his "thing" for the procedure...so it sucks that he would have to drive up here 4 hour trip only to do a "deposit". Will see if the memo falls into a goodman's heart i guess. I am aware that CF comes first thou.

For periods of not more than 6 months, an unaccompanied move is an option as opposed to IR.
It can be found under Section 11.2 of the IRP manual.

I recall reading at one point that Public Service Health Care covers treatments that are part of provincial plans in other provinces (ie equalizing the care our dependents get across the country).  Might be worth a read into the PSHC documents.  I can't log in right now to read the plan info on the Sun Life site myself, but that's where you'd find it.  Or call Sun Life.

That's interesting, I would like to see if the insurance plan would cover that. The move to make IVF treatments free in Quebec is a relatively new one, and is somewhat controversal. (being that someone could do the whole "octomom" thing and abuse the system, ruining it for people who need it) I'd like to hear the result if you contact them armywife78.

I read through the PSHCP benefits guide a few nights ago, as I was really curious if this was covered. I couldn't find anything in there to suggest that they will cover things in one province that are not covered in another.

Seems like IR is best bet for this situation (and is hopefully approved), until the IVF is successful then you can follow your husband to his posting. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back