• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Personal housing on/off base question

Rikes

Inactive
Reaction score
looking at my job choices i noticed i could be away from my S/O  8+ months. I was just wondering when at the "BASIC OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION TRAINING" point of my training will i be able to apply for housing on base at that stage or will i even be able to rent a house/apartment off base for my dependant. I ask because its basically on the job training at this point.

Shift Key really helps to clearly communicate what you are trying to say.

Applying for a house on base depends on their availability and the Waiting List.  Renting off Base depends on you.  There is You can rent off base anytime you want, if there are any Rental properties in area.

You will get clear instructions from your Course Staff as to where you will be living and for what duration.  That will likely mean that you will not be able to bring your family with you.  See Schindler's Lift's post below.

Thank you for the information its nice to know i will be able to get my living arrangements in order before finishing the extra 10-20 weeks of "Basic Occupational Qualification Training" depending on what i end up taking.

You may or may not be able to get things in order.  You should be heading off on that course right after you finish your previous training however there MAY be a delay and you may not know where the training will be.  Also, I don't believe you will be moved at public expense only to be moved again 8-10 months later for any further training or formal posting.  Most people have their SO maintain the residence they have at the start of their training until such time as the training is completed and you are posted.  A lot of it will depend on the timing for your training and the duration.  Personally, I'd save the money and effort and leave them where they are until you are finished your training and are posted.

Back