• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Personnel Locator

Looking for Rob???

• I am looking for Rob?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Looking for Rob to be a "pen pal"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

heartofgold

Inactive
Reaction score

On a routine train ride home from Toronto to Woodstock on a very snowy Friday afternoon on March 7th 2008, I met a military man---his first name is Rob, he was going to Windsor to see his family for a short leave. He shared that he was just finishing with Roto 4 and would be returning to Khandahar for Roto 5 very shortly.  There was just something about him---intense yet committed to his profession and he "touched" something inside of me.
Can anyone help me find him?  I am interested in being a friendly "voice" to him as he returns for his next deployment----via email---to be a support as he serves our country and allows me to continue enjoying the quality of life I currently get to live on a daily basis.
Thank you in advance for your assistance in my search for Rob.

He just did Roto 4 and is going back with Roto 5?     ???

Something doesn't sound right here...I hope you didn't give him any personal information.

Just out of morbid curiosity why did you make this thread a poll?

Honestly, this is my first experience with this kind of thing----so did not intentionally make it a thread or a poll---simply seeking info.
Still do not totally understand what the difference is???

Can you explain to me why the move to another Roto does not make sense?
I have very limited understanding of the process and ranks and units and how your system is set up
Any clarification will help.

heartofgold said:
Can you explain to me why the move to another Roto does not make sense?
I have very limited understanding of the process and ranks and units and how your system is set up
Any clarification will help.

Cause generally we do not allow soldiers to do back to back tours (exceptions due occur), someone in the know might be able to expand more on it.

I really don't think you have anything to worry about. 

From your description of the encounter, it sounds like you were impressed by this individual and usually, first impressions are on target.

Although rare, it is not uncommon for a serviceman and women to take back-to-back tours.  He was likely a reservist who does not belong to a Regular Force unit and therefore is  very likely to go back so soon.  He also could have made it sound like he was going right back when in fact he may have been told to keep his kit packed for another tour in the very near future.

Good luck in your search.

Back