• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Personnel Numbers

jerrythunder

Inactive
Reaction score
hey, i was just wondering if anyone knew the number of soldiers there are in canada in total and how many pilots , infantry ,   sailors ect that we have here in our great nation (thats including reservists) :cdn:

Edited spelling so readers would know what you were talking about.

it's restricted information? it says the numbers of regular force as well as reservists on the DND website.....

it's not divided up into sailors, pilots, infantry, etc... but it does state the numbers of regulars and reservists in canada..

?? :-\ ??

From the Website:

"It includes:

62,000 members of the Regular Force

22,000 members of the Reserve Force

20,000 civilians

3,600 Canadian Rangers"

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/about/family_e.asp

Tom

Remuster said:
Why do you want know this???

Project or something maybe?  I needed those numbers about a year or 2 ago for a project.

haha yeah im jerry thunder allright lol

no i was just thinking about how i hardly see any soldiers or even military around where i live (maxville ontario). and i thought that our military was smaller than the numbers that were posted above. i think its pretty cool that that many people from our country care enough about canada that they want to make it their buisness and life to protect it! :cdn:

Very interesting data.  Do they have the tables for past years?  I am convinced we dropped from 90,000 in 1990 to 50,000 in 1995.  Any ideas?

Tom

Cpl Elric Frenchie said:
this is restricted information

Please tell me how this possibly could be restricted?  There are so many open sources that tell people our units and their numbers that to say it's retricted is silly.  There are only a few units that I can think of that don't disclose exact numbers.  Anybody could do some research or do a access to information request to get numbers that jerrythunder has asked for.

http://www.rangers.forces.gc.ca/pubs/rangers/intro_e.asp
;)

Back