• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Photos wanted for 25th anniv of creation of Canadian Mention in Dispatches (MID)

Patrick Berrea

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day Every One,

2016 will mark the 25th anniversary of the creation of the Canadian Mention in Dispatches (MID) and the Directorate of Honours and Recognition (DH&R) has undertaken a project to mark the occasion. Currently DH&R is complying and drafting a comprehensive history of the MID. The final text will also be accompanied by a register of the nearly 400 recipients and their citations since 1991.

Currently DH&R has a sufficient amount of photographs to include in our publication of medals groups with the MID and of the accompanying certificates to recipients for the First, Second World War and Operations in Afghanistan, but regrettably, DH&R is having a difficult time locating high resolution images of medals groups or certificates to Korean War Veterans or Veterans of peacekeeping operations.     

DH&R is also seeking a head shot of any member that has been awarded the MID since 1991 so that it may be include along with the members citation that will be included in the registry section of the publication.

The purpose of this post is to inquire if members could reach out to see if anyone could provide a high resolution image of either a medals group and or certificate. Specifically DH&R is seeking a close up image of the full-size group of medals showing the MID device, the medals being on a white or black background and a photograph of a certificate and possibly of a presentation ceremony.

The image format required (such as JPEG) must be high resolution, no less than 300 DPI (dots per inch), suitable for printing. If providing an image it is requested to provide the necessary photo credit associated with the images. Photo credits and an acknowledgement of the contribution will be included in the final product. Please forward the images by email or burned on a CD to the undersigned NLT 31 August 2015 30 October 2015. There is no guarantee the images provided will all be included in the final product but every effort will be made to incorporate them.

In advance I would like to give thanks for any cooperation you and your membership may provide in this project to mark an important milestone in the history of this prestigious honour from the Crown.

Questions may be directed to the undersigned.

Patrick Berrea, MSM, CD

Assistant Policy Officer - Honours & Recognition
Department of National Defence / Government of Canada
Patrick.berrea@forces.gc.ca / Tel: 613-949-5483/ CSN: 949-5483

Adjoint aux politiques - Distinctions honorifiques et reconnaissance
Ministère de la Défense nationale / Gouvernement du Canada
Patrick.berrea@forces.gc.ca / Tel: 613-949-5483/ CSN: 949-5483

- mod edit to clarify title, update deadline for pix submissions -

Patrick Berrea said:
. . . Please forward the images by email or burned on a CD to the undersigned NLT 31 August 2015. . . .

Nice to see that an appropriate sense of military timings and/or an attention to minor staff duties continues at NDHQ.

Patrick Berrea:  Thanks for considering Army.ca as a vehicle to spread the word - people will see this here (for better or worse).

Given this bit, though ....
Patrick Berrea said:
.... Please forward the images by email or burned on a CD to the undersigned NLT 31 August 2015 ....
.... has a new deadline been set for submissions?

Just so those are aware, members still serving RX'd an email on DWAN (basically this form letter) in April/May of this year. Looks like an attempt to cast the net further, albeit with the same form letter not realizing the dates included.

PuckChaser said:
Just so those are aware, members still serving RX'd an email on DWAN (basically this form letter) in April/May of this year. Looks like an attempt to cast the net further, albeit with the same form letter not realizing the dates included.

;D

So?  A lack of P&P in this case.  >:D

milnews.ca said:
........ has a new deadline been set for submissions?

Perhaps a quick email to his enclosed address would get him to clarify deadlines for the various stages of this process.  I am not sure how often he visits the site after posting announcements.

I apologize in advance to every one, the submission dead line is the 30 October 2015 vice 31 Aug 2015, again, my mistake.

Patrick Berrea said:
I apologize in advance to every one, the submission dead line is the 30 October 2015 vice 31 Aug 2015, again, my mistake.
Thanks for the update.

Back