• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pics of today's Brisbane Welcome Home (from Iraq) Parade

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Well, what a day, prior to consuming 2.5 bottles of wine in 60 minutes at City Hall, here is some pics of today's parade. Thousands of Brisbane's citizens lined Adelaide Street in the city, and I must confess it felt bloody good.

Ya, thats me on the left with Nick (note the different patterns of shirts - mine is the older type). Nick and I were in Baghdad together. He was ther for half the tour before being RTA'd and has recently returned for Afghanistan.

The other pics are at Gaythorne Station as we embarked for the city from Gallipoli Barracks, and as OBG-W4 stepped off, leading tha parade. About 700-1000 of us from Brisbane based units alone

Enjoy!

Wes

More pics.

1. Kevin the PM, giving a speech at City Hall

2. Brendan (leader of the opposition) giving his...  It should be noted that the reaction for all on the floor to his was much more loud and happy, full of cheers, hoots and whisltes, while Kev's was more quiet by far.

3. Random pic of the Army band singing "I am, you are, we are Australian".

A few more random shots....

Let it be known for every soldier returning from Iraq, we still have two there, so it aint over yet, and as we lay in our beds, some like me, hung over, we should not forget their ongoing missions, and the hardship they endure daily.

I was home by 1330, and passed out until 1900, still  half cut and I know the worst is yet to come :). :blotto:

Excellent photos Wes, thanks.
And a fine welcome home to your fellow Aussie Troops.
Stand Down is in fair order.
:salute:    :cdn:

Jeez Wes, who killed the chook on Nick's hat?

Well done you lot.

Thanks Wes! Those are some awesome pictures.

Well done to all of them :salute:

Deadpan

Nice day for a parade by the looks of things....

Hope all had a good time

CHIMO!

Most of the media have forgotten to mention that we still have guys and gals over there and who will be there for the long haul.

Awesome pics. Are you guys allowed to have cool sideburns over there?  ;D

Great job and again, welcome home, to you and all your mates.

keep chargin', Mark

Kirkhill said:
Jeez Wes, who killed the chook on Nick's hat?

Well done you lot.

My feathers used to be like that too, until my two Siamese cats got them. Note how tidy mine are, ha!

Sideburns can be grown to where the earlobe joins your head, so there is some long ones out there.

Meanwhle, the superchook where these feathers come from came for a vist the other day while I was cutting my grass, and my two Siamese cats came face to face with their worst nightmare.

Oh my god. Australia looks amazing, the scenery and the houses...so the bases are located near cities?

popnfresh said:
Oh my god. Australia looks amazing, the scenery and the houses...so the bases are located near cities?

Yes, pretty much. Sydney has Holsworthy, Brisbane has Enoggera, Darwin has Robertson, and Townsville has one, as does Adelaide, Perth and even the evil Melbourne too.

I live on an island, about an hour's drive out of the city. Google Bribie Island for more info if you like.

great pictures, glad you Aussies are welcoming troops the proper way, something the Brits could learn from. did you name the emu? ;D

lone bugler said:
great pictures, glad you Aussies are welcoming troops the proper way, something the Brits could learn from. did you name the emu? ;D

Nope, but he/she is sure stupid, literally with the intelligence of a chicken, and not afraid of us people at all. with claws like he has and a mouth to match, its us that should be afraid. I am sure my two cats still have nightmares.

Two powerful pic's that I saw from your parade.

Blinded soldier being assisted by his comrades.
aussiejr5.jpg

2yownsj.jpg

tomahawk6 said:
Two powerful pic's that I saw from your parade.

Blinded soldier being assisted by his comrades.
aussiejr5.jpg

2yownsj.jpg

TH, good work finding these!

Pic no.1 gve me goosesbumps.

That bloke is from 6RAR (just down the road from my Unit) and was wounded by an IED while in a armoured vehicle, not long before they rotated out. PM me if you want to know more about that. 6RAR was the infantry component of OBG-W4. The bloke 2nd from the left is from my Unit (note emu plume).

I am still nursing the biggest hangover in 5 yrs, make that since NYE 2000. Pretty quiet today, just hanging out on the sofa bed in front of the TV, drinking lots of water and sleeping.

Great pics!  It is nice to be acknowledged for a job well done. Looks like it was a good day, and have the hangover to prove it, eh, Wes?  :-X
Speedy recovery, remember when ya didn't get hangovers?  Drink like a fish, get up and go about your day....man, those were the days ;D

Back