• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pokemon GO

AwooBot

Inactive
Reaction score
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nianticlabs.pokemongo&hl=en
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokemon-go/id1094591345?mt=8

Anyone else playing this right now? Since its' official release, as of yesterday.

Nearly ran over a kid this evening who was riding a bike and engrossed in his phone... I'm guessing he probably was.

Ya'll can guess where i stand... i hope this uploads right...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1468897114191.jpg
    FB_IMG_1468897114191.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 424
AbdullahD said:
Ya'll can guess where i stand... i hope this uploads right...

You started this AbdullahD  ;)

Cheers
Larry

Attachments

• pokemon.jpg
    pokemon.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 375
The next most ridiculous thing to come along.  When you have to post your property because of these poky folks.....

For some on here, using your phone to search for Pokemon is a non-issue.  Their style of hunting Pokemon is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlUHIUmFoTk

George Wallace said:
For some on here, using your phone to search for Pokemon is a non-issue.  Their style of hunting Pokemon is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlUHIUmFoTk
Even at the end that pokemon still had a smug look on its face....

714201605394060524.png
  :facepalm:

and...... warning is out.  Pokémon players invading military establishments to capture pokemon or reach PokeStops and Gyms.  U.S. base concerned plays may appear suspicious to military guards (hmmm maybe meaning guards might shoot them thinking the ball "throw" is someone throwing something real like a grenade or bomb?)

Wonder if anyone has caught any on the front lines of Iraq yet.

Armed veterans searching America’s most dangerous neighborhoods for Pokemon

By Andy Wolf|July 18th, 2016|Popular|1 Comment

(This is completely satirical post written only for entertainment)

Veterans seeking a new thrill have donned their old armor and taken to the nation’s most dangerous neighborhoods in search of the ultimate prey- Pokemon.

Scouring the seediest sectors of major metropolitan areas that suburban children and adults avoid at all costs, former servicemembers have  taken to the seedy no-man’s lands to collect Pokemon with the popular new game Pokemon Go.

“My wife bitched that I didn’t spend enough time with my kid and that I spent too much time prepping,” said Dwayne Hicks of Germantown, Tennessee. “So I take my son into Memphis every weekend to, you know… capture Pokemon and stuff.”

However, Hicks’ wife Monica Weston-Hicks is starting to regret the suggestion.

“I thought they’d just be cruising the neighborhood for Pikachus or whatever,” she said. “Now my son’s talking gibberish about bug-out bags and whatever a “HVT” is.”

Not all Pokevets -the new name given to the shadowy and MOLLE-clad subcommunity- roll with young children in tow. Some seek out what is being referred to as the “lone wolf” adventure.

“I like feeling the rush of tracking down my prey in a dangerous environment,” said Gustavo Rodriguez, who prowls the hazardously desolate Logan triangle in the Philadelphia area. “I’m not stupid, though. I definitely carry my Glock 19 in case someone wants a shot at my Pokeballs.”

Despite the hazard, Rodriguez says he’s had very little trouble with would-be criminals.

“Hey man, what happens in the triangle, stays in the triangle.”

Some vets -particularly former medics and corpsmen- patrol the streets armed with Combat Lifesaver Bags in search of Pokemon hunters who have accounted for a recent spike in phone-related injuries.

“People who play this game have zero situational awareness,” said former Army medic Juliana LaPlace. “I run into grown men who get hit by cars, kids stuck in storm drains and even the occasional sprained ankle. I’m in med school right now and wish I could count this as loggable clinical time.”

But not everyone is pleased with the idea of Pokevets roaming the street.

“Some of them are just looking to shoot a gangbanger and claim self defense,” said Lieutenant Mike Ketchum of the Detroit Police. “They’re running around with their prepper gear and deliberately getting into shootouts with local gangs.”

Ketchum, who has been on the force since 1999, says that the whole concept of playing Pokemon Go is a ruse.

“I have found guys with only three rounds left in their pistols and not a single Pokemon except the one they are given at the beginning of the game. They don’t even level them up. It’s just an excuse to get in a gunfight.”

Regardless, no Pokevets involved in defensive shootings have been charged to date.

“It’s ‘gotta catch em all,” Rodriguez laughed. “Not ‘gotta cap em all.”

http://popularmilitary.com/armed-veterans-searching-americas-dangerous-neighborhoods-pokemon/

CountDC said:
and...... warning is out.  Pokémon players invading military establishments to capture pokemon or reach PokeStops and Gyms.  U.S. base concerned plays may appear suspicious to military guards (hmmm maybe meaning guards might shoot them thinking the ball "throw" is someone throwing something real like a grenade or bomb?)

Wonder if anyone has caught any on the front lines of Iraq yet.
I heard a story that an mwo or cwo found a soldier hunting a rare Pokemon in a saluting area in Gagetown.

Arty39 said:
I heard a story that an mwo or cwo found a soldier hunting a rare Pokemon in a saluting area in Gagetown.

Standby for Duffleblog article.

Scott said:
Standby for Duffleblog article.
Apparently, the dumbasses participants are creating enough headlines and Darwin Award moments, that neither Duffleblog nor The Onion can top their stories.   

Once again,  :facepalm:

Guy playing Pokémon in the subway at track level at Union Station. Thanks to citizens like this, we never had to worry about job security.  :)

Attachments

• pokemon.unionsubway.png
    pokemon.unionsubway.png
    318 KB · Views: 350
There's a CANFORGEN out already...

UNCLAS CANFORGEN 119/16 DGDS 011/16 SIC YAA SUBJ: SECURITY ADVISORY - AUGMENTED REALITY GAMES / MOBILE WEB APPLICATIONS BILINGUAL MESSAGE/MESSAGE BILINGUE REFS: A.NDSOD CHAP 3 AND 5 B.DCAAR PART III, SAFETY AND CONDUCT OF PERSONS

1. THE PURPOSE OF THIS ADVISORY IS TO INCREASE AWARENESS OF AN EMERGING TREND WHICH MAY PRESENT LOCAL SAFETY AND/OR SECURITY CONCERNS AT DND/CAF ESTABLISHMENTS

2. RECENT REPORTING REGARDING THE GROWING USE OF WEB-BASED AUGMENTED REALITY GAMING APPLICATIONS (SUCH AS POKEMON GO) HAS HIGHLIGHTED THE INHERENT DANGERS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS ACTIVITY. THESE DANGERS ARE LARGELY RELATED TO GAME PLAY WHICH ENCOURAGES INDIVIDUALS TO ACCESS VARIOUS GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS IN SEARCH OF VIRTUAL ITEMS. DISTRACTED PLAYERS MAY COMPROMISE THEIR REAL-WORLD SITUATIONAL AWARENESS, THEREBY RISKING ACCIDENT OR INJURY. FURTHERMORE, SUCH APPLICATIONS MAY IDENTIFY LOCATIONS WHICH RESULT IN PLAYERS ATTEMPTING TO GAIN UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO LOCATIONS ON DND/CAF INSTALLATIONS

3. LOCAL COMMANDERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONSIDER THE GROWING POPULARITY OF SUCH APPLICATIONS WHEN ESTABLISHING THEIR GENERAL SAFETY PROGRAM, PHYSICAL SECURITY PLANNING, AND IN THE PROVISION OF EMERGENCY RESPONSE SERVICES FOR THEIR INSTALLATIONS

4. IN ADDITION, ALL DND/CAF PERSONNEL SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION IN ELECTING TO USE SUCH APPLICATIONS AND MAINTAIN AWARENESS OF THEIR PERSONNEL SAFETY AND SECURITY AT ALL Times

5. INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REPORT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY TO THEIR LOCAL MILITARY POLICE, COMMISSIONAIRES, OR 911

6. SIGNED BY BGEN MELOCHE, DSO

OBJET: AVIS CONCERNANT LA SECURITE - JEUX EN REALITE AUGMENTEE / APPLICATIONS WEB MOBILES REFS: A. ODSDN CHAP 3 ET 5 B. REGLEMENT SUR LES SECTEURS D ACCES CONTROLE RELATIF A LA DEFENSE (RSACD), PARTIE III, SECURITE ET CONDUITE

1. LE PRESENT AVIS A POUR OBJET DE SENSIBILISER LE PERSONNEL A UNE NOUVELLE TENDANCE QUI POURRAIT COMPROMETTRE LA SURETE OU LA SECURITE LOCALE DANS LES ETABLISSEMENTS DU MDN ET DES FAC

2. DE RECENTS RAPPORTS ONT FAIT RESSORTIR LES DANGERS INHERENTS A L EMPLOI DE PLUS EN PLUS REPANDU D APPLICATIONS WEB DONNANT ACCES A DES JEUX EN REALITE AUGMENTEE (COMME POKEMON GO). CES DANGERS SONT EN GRANDE PARTIE LIES A L UTILISATION DE JEUX QUI ENCOURAGENT LES JOUEURS A SE RENDRE A DIVERS ENDROITS POUR Y TROUVER DES ELEMENTS VIRTUELS. UNE FOIS DISTRAITS PAR LEUR JEU, LES JOUEURS POURRAIENT PERDRE LE CONTACT AVEC LA SITUATION DANS LAQUELLE ILS SE TROUVENT DANS LE MONDE REEL ET AVOIR UN ACCIDENT OU SE BLESSER. EN OUTRE, LES APPLICATIONS COMME CELLE QUI A ETE MENTIONNEE POURRAIENT INCITER LES JOUEURS A SE RENDRE DANS DES LIEUX INTERDITS D ACCES, DANS LES INSTALLATIONS DU MDN OU DES FAC

3. NOUS ENCOURAGEONS LES COMMANDANTS LOCAUX A PRENDRE EN COMPTE LA POPULARITE GRANDISSANTE DES JEUX EN REALITE AUGMENTEE LORSQU ILS ETABLISSENT LEUR PROGRAMME DE SECURITE GENERALE ET LEUR PLAN DE SECURITE PHYSIQUE, ET LORSQU ILS OFFRENT LEURS SERVICES D INTERVENTION D URGENCE DANS LEURS INSTALLATIONS

4. EN OUTRE, TOUS LES MEMBRES DU PERSONNEL DU MDN ET DES FAC DOIVENT FAIRE PREUVE DE PRUDENCE LORSQU ILS CHOISISSENT D UTILISER DES APPLICATIONS COMME CELLE QUI A ETE MENTIONNEE, ET NE DOIVENT JAMAIS PERDRE DE VUE LEUR SECURITE PERSONNELLE

5. NOUS ENCOURAGEONS TOUTES LES PERSONNES QUI SONT TEMOINS D UNE ACTIVITE SUSPECTE A EN INFORMER LA POLICE MILITAIRE OU LES COMMISSIONNAIRES DE LEUR LOCALITE OU ENCORE A COMPOSER LE 911

6. SIGNE PAR LE BGEN MELOCHE, ASM

I'm going to start circulating a rumour that there's a super rare Pokemon inside DHTC or Rocky Point, B.C.. Hilarity ensues.

Journeyman said:
Apparently, the dumbasses participants are creating enough headlines and Darwin Award moments, that neither Duffleblog nor The Onion can top their stories.   

Once again,  :facepalm:

I'd love someone to create a CF APP where we could hunt General Officer and Admiral cartoon characters and make them fight each other.... Imagine the fun.....

Back