• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Police seize grenades, cannon, machine guns in Eastern Ontario home

Interesting proof of the revolving door concept not working.

Obviously his previous time didn't convince him of the errors of his ways...

He's supposed to get 3 years on each count for a firearms conviction.

However, Canadian justice normally lends itself to the sentences running concurrent instead of consecutive.

The Crown will probably ask for 20-25. I expect he'll plea bargain to 15 years and parole in 7-10.

The C8 looking carbine seems like it has CF issue parts. Adjustable buttock, front handguards, weaver mount.

Collection seems all over the place to me, like he just wanted to collect weapons. I'm surprised there's no throwing stars, nun chucks or Spetnaz spring knives.

The tip off probably came when he was buying 62 trigger locks and asked if there was a cannon sized one.

ObedientiaZelum said:
The C8 looking carbine seems like it has CF issue parts. Adjustable buttock, front handguards, weaver mount.

The tip off probably came when he was buying 62 trigger locks and asked if there was a cannon sized one.

All of those parts are readily available on the civilian market for AR style firearms.

The cannon is perfectly legal and requires no paperwork or registration. It is classed as an antique, no matter when it was made, because it uses black powder and is fuse initiated.

recceguy said:
All of those parts are readily available on the civilian market for AR style firearms.

For sure. I just found it particular.

Lance Wiebe said:
I've never heard of any police force auctioning off or selling seized weapons; not to say it doesn't happen, but I've never heard of it.

I can't seem to find the article but I recall years ago the Toronto police holding a gun amnesty to get firearms off the street only to get caught selling the (turned in) firearms BACK to the public at an auction. The police's excuse was that they were trying to raise money for the department to better protect the public.

Offer amnesty to take illegal/unwanted firearms off the street, and sell them to law abiding owners and collectors at a profit?  This is actually a good idea.

recceguy said:
The cannon is perfectly legal and requires no paperwork or registration. It is classed as an antique, no matter when it was made, because it uses black powder and is fuse initiated.

Still probably annoys the shit out of the neighbors when he fires it every morning to say "HELLO!"  ;D

A growing trend at 'gun amnesties' in the States has had to do with what's happening outside.

Greater numbers of qualified people have been turning up at turn ins with wads of cash.

They have been purchasing firearms, at discount prices, but higher than the amnesty pays, outside the turn in area.

People are getting a better price for their arms, they are staying in the public pervue and the local police have no idea who purchased what.

FFL's are being checked and as long as your legal they can't stop the purchases.

ObedientiaZelum said:
The C8 looking carbine seems like it has CF issue parts. Adjustable buttock
Sometimes I wish I had one of these.  >:D

Back