• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Polishing DCB?

ZKC

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I'm going on BMQ real soon (PRes), and I was just going over the kit list again to check what extra stuff do I need (i.e. non-issued, personal), and I saw that we need to bring a Kiwi kit. Thing is, we got issued desert combat boots and (what I think is) gore tex boots. None of them look "shinable". So should I still bring the Kiwi?

Thanks a lot, this website has helped me so much from my application to today.

I THINK: you will have to blacken the gortex boots, as for the brown ones... brown kiwi polish has a tendency to make the item being polished darker and if you use neutral polish on it, it will melt and look like a mess,

best just buy the right polish as Saint-Jean for the brown ones. a kiwi boot brush would help

Don't use polish on goretex boots, there is a special paste for those boots. Your course staff should be able to get tins of it. All you require to purchase for this is a applicator/brush.

If you were issued desert combat boots or LOTBs, you do not polish them. If you were issued the brown leather boots, supposedly all you need to do is brush them off and use a damp cloth to clean them. Some people do use a brown/neutral polish on them with varying results.

Your course staff will go over boot maintenance and what you need to take care of them.

Alan_Gomes, Army Reservists do not goto St Jean for BMQ.

Back