• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

pondering reapplying

chappyk

Inactive
Reaction score
Well Guys, need some advice.  I have an open mind and already know that I will receive many different opinions on the subject but here goes.  I am very much in shape although being 37 years old.  2 years ago I went to basic training in St. Jean but only stayed 3 weeks.  I left because I was having issues with a girlfriend and basically realized that I was not ready for what I was getting into.  That's fine, had to try right. 
Well, one year later I reapplied right around the same time that I was having issues with said girlfriend, now exwife.  She was very hateful towards me and tried to accuse me of molesting her daughter.  Before some of you go off on this.....I was acquited.  It didn't happen.  I ended up leaving basic after completing 8 weeks because of the stress and know that it was better going threw a criminal mess outside of the military than in...
Now everything is cleared up and I am remarried.  My present wife knows how things went for me over the last couple years and knows how badly I want to complete training and have a career with the CF.  I asked her if she thought that it was time to settle now that life is quite and to not allow anymore stress into our lives.  She unfortunately disagreed and says that she wants me to go back.  Even though this will also be my 3rd attempt. 
What are you thinking?

Have you perhaps considered a local reserve regiment? It might benefit you more because they take things a bit slower (doing weekend training and such). Plus you won't need to be separated from your wife nearly as much.

chappyk said:
Well Guys, need some advice.  I have an open mind and already know that I will receive many different opinions on the subject but here goes.  I am very much in shape although being 37 years old.  2 years ago I went to basic training in St. Jean but only stayed 3 weeks.  I left because I was having issues with a girlfriend and basically realized that I was not ready for what I was getting into.  That's fine, had to try right. 
Well, one year later I reapplied right around the same time that I was having issues with said girlfriend, now exwife.  She was very hateful towards me and tried to accuse me of molesting her daughter.  Before some of you go off on this.....I was acquited.  It didn't happen.  I ended up leaving basic after completing 8 weeks because of the stress and know that it was better going threw a criminal mess outside of the military than in...
Now everything is cleared up and I am remarried.  My present wife knows how things went for me over the last couple years and knows how badly I want to complete training and have a career with the CF.  I asked her if she thought that it was time to settle now that life is quite and to not allow anymore stress into our lives.  She unfortunately disagreed and says that she wants me to go back.  Even though this will also be my 3rd attempt. 
What are you thinking?
Not to be an ass, but those three "excuses" are exactly that - yes, they mean something to do, but to the CF, it doesn't mean a thing.

The CF could (obviously depending on who your recruiter is) see it this way: You tried twice, and both times quit based on stress and pressure. There's also nothing that suggests it wouldn't happen a third time.

You can definitely re-apply, but expect the recruiting process to be very long and slow. They'll want to see whether or not your heart is still in it.

chappyk said:
Well Guys,  Even though this will also be my 3rd attempt. 
What are you thinking?

Go for it pal !, if you don't you'll never forgive yourself.

I'm sure the PTB will consider the past problems and the only options that you had.

You had two really difficult things to deal with and your right it was best to deal with them
on Civy Street.

Sounds like you can make it this time, even in the worse scenario, you will have tried and will have closer.

Forget the negativity here, go for it.

Cheers.

I think you should go for it too. I was on a BMQ course in April 2008 and I had some personal issues that forced me too leave on week 3 as well. I'm re-applying on Friday so I say go for it and I hope I see you there and best of luck. You will kick yourself if you don't.

When you are lying on your deathbed do you really want to think what if? If you wife is behind you and you have the desire... you NEED to go for it.

Just make yourself and your wife a promise that no matter how shitty things get, how horrible BMQ seems you will under no circumstances give up. If you get recoursed due to an injury so be it, wait it and out and recourse dont drop out.

thats how I would approach it anyway. You are still young enough that you dont want to have to regret something for the rest of your life.

Nauticus said:
Not to be an ass, but those three "excuses" are exactly that - yes, they mean something to do, but to the CF, it doesn't mean a thing.

The CF could (obviously depending on who your recruiter is) see it this way: You tried twice, and both times quit based on stress and pressure. There's also nothing that suggests it wouldn't happen a third time.

You can definitely re-apply, but expect the recruiting process to be very long and slow. They'll want to see whether or not your heart is still in it.

::) even the CF recognizes there are circumstances beyond someones control. Chappyk, go back and reapply. You never know until you do so.

Back