• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

possible injurie and bmq coming soon

sebas132

Inactive
Reaction score
hi. my BMQ is on 30th of august.

I've seen my doctor today . For a shin pain after overtraining.
He describe the injurie as a possible stress fracture.
I have  the bone scan schedule in 20 days at the hospital.

While waiting for the scan she suggest me to stop running and do more non impact training such as gym and swimming.

The thing is that she told me the recovery time for this type of injurie was from 6 to 10 weeks , and that after that I should start running slowly.

I am worried that this could compromise my BMQ performance or the BMQ at all if I get injured worst during a run If we start to run too hard.

I am asking here what would happen in the worst case ( I have a comfirmed stress fracture and have to stop running more than the 6 weeks I have to wait to start my BMQ) .

thanks very much.

Good Day

When you report for your training bring this up with your instructors and report to sick parade. The Canadian Armed Forces Medical staff will do their own evaluation and provide you with a medical chit which will indicate the limits on the physical training that you can do until you recover from your injury. Also request copies of the tests conducted by your doctor to bring with you.

Master Corporal Steven said:
Good Day

When you report for your training bring this up with your instructors and report to sick parade. The Canadian Armed Forces Medical staff will do there own evaluation and provide you with a medical chit which will indicate the limits on the physical training that you can do until you recover from your injury. Also request copies of the tests conducted by your doctor to bring with you.

Thanks you very much . Do you mean that they will evaluate it when i'll be at St-Jean and that I don't have to tell them before .
And if I understand I should be able to make my BMQ but they might give me some restriction before folowing all the other recruit ?.

And also I made some search but cannot find the exact definition of ''SICK PARADE''

sorry for all those question I usually speak french, just now the basic in english.
thanks again.

You must let your recruiting detachment know about your injury immediately. They will refer you to the medical staff for further discussion. Furthermore, on the day that you are to be sworn in, you will have to complete and sign a Statement of Understanding. In one of the sections (Personal Circumstances), you are required to indicate any changes in your medical condition. Failing to let your recruiting detachment know of this could result of your release from the Canadian Armed Forces.

Back