• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posted to Halifax..

• Thread starter Thread starter sirux0r
  • Start date Start date
sirux0r said:
I applied for a place right by the bridge,
$800/month for a two bedroom all inclusive with a balcony. Seems pretty baller. I'll most likely buy a pedal bike.. and shower it up on base.

Let me guess - Harbourshore apts?  Or Victoria Gardens on Boland Dr?

When I left the Dockyard in 2008 you could park your motorcycle outside of each of the three gates. You still needed a parking pass but there was no time requirement like there is for a car. I don't know if that has changed in the last 4 years.

One only needs to read the MARLANTGEN on parking.  Its a mere 29 pages  :facepalm:  the last time I checked. 

Occam said:
Let me guess - Harbourshore apts?  Or Victoria Gardens on Boland Dr?

Harbourside, are those the ones on the waterfront down past Cape Scott area?

Boland Drive...finest locale in the city, right next to Jellybean Square and all that.  :blotto:

Good thing the OP doesn't have a car, seems to be a car tire serial-killer loose in the South End.  Mrs EITSs office is not far from there, and there are some...'different people' around there for sure.

IIRC, the CIBC that was in the strip mall on Wyse Road was the only bank in the city that had an armed security guard at the door when I moved here in '02.

Harbourshore Apts are just between DRE(A) and Albro Lake Rd on Windmill Rd.  Lots of sailors...lots of unsavory types too.

Yep, I spent some time living in Victoria Gardens.  Nice name.....and that's about it.

Well there is also ocean towers just up the hill from the dockyard but apparently you don't want to live there... I used to live in Ridgevalley towers by Spryfield and it was really cheap compared to apartments downtown.
You can find way better places farther from the city and the parking problem is not that bad, there is tons of spaces in the streets by ocean towers.. Just get there before 7 to get a spot. And don't leave your car near that spot overnight.. Many co-workers of mine had their tires slashed and windows broken, Nothing better to end a Duty watch  ;D

Back