• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posted to Kingston

M

Matty

Good day folks,

Just want to pose a couple questions out there to get some feedback.  I'm newly posted to Kingston as an OT tot he Comms school and was wondering if anyone has a line on a good insurance company.  I've been a Prairie Fella my whole life and privatized Insurance is completely new to me.  Any feed back on a good home/car insurance company would be much appreciated. 

Also if there are any words of advise on things to look for with the local utilities or home services companies they would be a great help.

Thanks for your help.
Matty

Matty said:
Good day folks,

Just want to pose a couple questions out there to get some feedback.   I'm newly posted to Kingston as an OT tot he Comms school and was wondering if anyone has a line on a good insurance company.   I've been a Prairie Fella my whole life and privatized Insurance is completely new to me.   Any feed back on a good home/car insurance company would be much appreciated.  

Also if there are any words of advise on things to look for with the local utilities or home services companies they would be a great help.

Thanks for your help.
Matty

Just got off the phone with a Insurance Broker and was told that Ontario has the highest cost for insurance in Canada. BC being close as well! ING Direct is pretty good but I suggest you go to a Broker as they are supposed to get you the best plan.

A lot depends on your age, location and type of vehicle you drive. I have two vehicles to insure plus a house and I have compared my costs now versus Manitoba's and found that the cost for one vehicle went down while the other vehicle increased. The home owner portion was significantly LESS than it was in Manitoba. All I can say is to shop around and ensure you give the exact same information to all the companies that you check out, you might be surprised at the difference in cost!

There is a company in Kingston, Guardsman Insurance, owned and operated by  CIC Capt. Tom Watson.  He offers a mil discount.
www.guardsmaninsurance.com 613-549-8777
Give Tom a call and he will help you out.

Check the insurance offered through CS Co-Op, I switch my car insurance to them and saved almost 50% over Co-Operators...

I myself don't deal with them since I have 3 speeding tickets within 3 years and considered high risk, but I have friends that deal with Guardsman Insurance (they're a broker) and they said that they had the best prices in town. Also, my wife deals with State Farm Insurance, and honestly, they must be the most helpful insurance company I've ever seen.

Here's the info:

Guardsman: 613 549 8777
State Farm: 613 389 9260

We delt with State Farm in Kingston and John below is the closest to the base and he is eceptional to deal with.
John Lockwood
13 760 Hwy 15
RR 2
Kingston, ON K7L5H6

Office Hours:
Mon-Fri 9:00am to 5:00pm
Other Times by Appt Only

24-Hour Good Neighbour Service®

Phone: (613) 536-5532
Fax: (613) 536-5752

Back