• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PPCLI Regimental Day - March 17

All the best to the Patricias!

Was this not known as Frezenberg (sp?) Day at one time?

Old Sweat said:
All the best to the Patricias!

Was this not known as Frezenberg (sp?) Day at one time?
Thank you!

Frezenburg Day is in early May.

This is our original  Colonel in Chief's birthday.

Happy Regimental Day!

Our games were on Friday... I'm still hurting from it, luckily no serious injuries this year... guess there is a first time for everything... :irish jig:

fake penguin said:
Can someone explain broom-i-loo to me.

There are two rules:

1. To score a goal the ball must be hit by a broom; and

2. That is the only rule.

Thankfully yes, there were way too many soldiers whose careers were cut short due to injuries caused by playing the game.

Have a great Regimental Day.  My first Regimental Day was in 78, we graduated from battle school the day before Mar 16th, (Gothic Line 7715). After that weekend, we were off to the Holywood Battalion, to C Coy.

I was always told that there were 2 rules:
1. A goal must be scored from the end of a stiick (broom)
2. Should a death occur on the field, through mis-adventure or enemy action, play will be suspended until the body has been removed.

the un-official 3rd rule - Any officer foolish enough to stray too close to the NCM side of the field shall be stripped and cut loose at his own peril.  ;D

BernDawg said:
the un-official 3rd rule - Any officer foolish enough to stray too close to the NCM side of the field shall be stripped and cut loose at his own peril.  ;D

I've seen a new Platoon Commander get familiar with that rule before  >:D

BernDawg said:

This rule also includes General officers. In March 1983, Commander CANCON UNFICYP, General Bill Hewson was abducted and rolled in the mud in Cyprus by members of 2 PPCLI during a Broom I Loo game.

He took it in good stride.  ;D

Once again, Happy Regimental Day to all Patricias, past and present.  Good luck on the Broom-i-Loo field.

Have a gooder Patricias :cheers:

I'll never forget the snivelling from 2RCR as we were leaving Gagetown to the Fredericton airport in 2004 for Haiti - it was March 17th, so all the Patricia flags on the base were up and flying and here we were leaving for Unga Bunga Land without a painted rock or VRI in sight, except at the chicken coop of course...not so subtle irony  :nod:.

MM

Enjoy yourselves, Patricias, and don't do too many dumb things.  :cheers:

If you want to find this song as sung by Chumbawumba, I know where it is x 3  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K1BdDVvV9Q&feature=kp

Happy Regimental Birthday PPCLI.  :salute:

Back