• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pre-BMQ course UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cossack

Inactive
Reaction score
Despite the other thread being locked, and a member of this site claiming otherwise , there *IS* a pre-BMQ course ran by the Canadian Military.

The course is called RFT , Recruit Fitness Training .

to quote the literature given to me earlier today at my local RC

"The innovative Recruit Fitness Training (RFT) program at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School (CFLRS) in St-Jean, QC is designed to improve the physical fitness and success rates of CF Regular Force recruits who experience difficulty meeting the required standard."

I don't know if I would call it a 'pre-BMQ' course, but as you say, there is a RFT program

See "CF Reserve Applicants Physical Fitness Program" at this link:
http://www.cfpsa.ca/en/psp/fitness/programs_e.asp

And at this 2-year old link:
http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/cfpn/engraph/10_06/10_06_cda_recruit-fitness_e.asp

And a RFT thread...  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/68892.0;all

ME

The locked thread I am updating was asking about the PT test and if failed what are the consequences.  Also that he had heard that if you are not able to pass you are able to attend another program to physically prepare you for BMQ.

This poster was then shot down by a member of staff here at Army.ca forums and the thread was locked because he must "get fit on his own dime".

This of course is absolutely false.

There is a program to prepare you for the rigorous physical training that is provided to you at BMQ.

Cossack said:
The locked thread I am updating was asking about the PT test and if failed what are the consequences.  Also that he had heard that if you are not able to pass you are able to attend another program to physically prepare you for BMQ.

This poster was then shot down by a member of staff here at Army.ca forums and the thread was locked because he must "get fit on his own dime".

This of course is absolutely false.

"In order to streamline the recruiting process, to increase the level of success for new recruits and to expand the CF as part of larger Defence goals applicants no longer have to complete a pre-enrolment physical fitness evaluation."

Oye......

RFT is only for those that fail the PT Test while attending BMQ at CFLRS this is NOT A PRE-BMQ Course. You should listen to what members of this site have stated as some have been instructors at CFLRS.

Nothing like this exist for the Reserve Force.

Do a SEARCH for RFT THERE ARE LOTS OF TOPICS ON THIS.

God I wish I had saved my conversation with the recruiter in my area.

I had literally asked them : "Is there a pre-BMQ program one can take if they fail the PT test"

The reply : Yes "In order to streamline the recruiting process, to increase the level of success for new recruits and to expand the CF as part of larger Defence goals applicants no longer have to complete a pre-enrolment physical fitness evaluation."

Notice how he quoted the literature and it says applicant , not recruit?

Cossack said:
God I wish I had saved my conversation with the recruiter in my area.

I had literally asked them : "Is there a pre-BMQ program one can take if they fail the PT test"

The reply : Yes "In order to streamline the recruiting process, to increase the level of success for new recruits and to expand the CF as part of larger Defence goals applicants no longer have to complete a pre-enrolment physical fitness evaluation."

Notice how he quoted the literature and it says applicant , not recruit?

Ok, realy simple now.

When you join the CF, you DO NOT do a PT test. There is NO PT test.

You will be sent to CFLRS where you will START BMQ. So you go to CFLRS and you will START YOUR BMQ.

IF YOU FAIL your PT test on BMQ, then and ONLY THEN will you be sent to the RFT platoon to get your fitness standards up so that you can be re-coursed onto a later BMQ serial.

'Pre' entails that something starts before. RFT does not occur before you go to CFLRS or BMQ. You only get loaded into an RFT platoon if you fail to meet the PT standards on your first shot at BMQ.

Are we finished here?

Also , upon doing a search - virtually NONE of the threads have posts that date past February 2008, when the updated literature and "streamlined recruitment program" was instituted on June the 13th 2008.

1.  RFT is provided to Regular Force applicants, once enrolled, who are unfit and require remedial PT.  It is not a formal course leading to the awarding of a formal military qualification.

2.  Reserve Force applicants are not offered RFT.

RFT has been in place for quite some time now (over a year).  That the CFRC is disucssing it in documentation dated 13 June 08 is irrelevant; it's the same program that's been in place for quite some time.

This program is nothing to brag about.  Getting put into RFT means that you're an out of shape blob.

KRANG!

Cossack- maybe you should just get in shape and try being the "quiet professional".

Sorry to post over a LOCK, but I must clear up a misconception here.

RFT is not a Pre-BMQ Crse.  Enough of the posts above clarify what RFT is.

There is no Pre-BMQ Crse as originally asked.

There, however, is a Pre-BMQ called PRTC (Pre-recruit Training Course).  It is a Diversity Program for Aboriginal people.  Pre-recruit Training Course (PRTC). It is a three-week familiarization course, allowing prospective applicants a chance to try out the military way of life before making a more “permanent” commitment.  You must be an Aboriginal to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back