• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pre bmq

Ivanator

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there, was just thinking of brushing up some of the theory stuff you have to learn while at bmq, would anyone know about any good reads, guides or books to get a hold of? Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

That's a great idea, wish I thought it about it earlier, I'll be leaving for BMQ in 7 days

There is no need to pre study any BMQ material.  You will be taught everything you need to know, in the required time by qualified and experienced instructors.

I'd say the best preparation you could do is get physically ready and go in with a positive attitude. Those two things will serve you well.

Ivanator said:
Hi there, was just thinking of brushing up some of the theory stuff you have to learn while at bmq, would anyone know about any good reads, guides or books to get a hold of? Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
The more you know, the more you will be told you don't know squat lol. Good attitude, ability to take criticism (there will be lots) and a good work ethic (solo and team) will not go un noticed. Good luck!

Hey brother, after going through it just over a year ago now, you honestly don't need to know anything going into it.
Maybe learn how to sew (sounds stupid, but TRUST ME, it'll come in handy once you have to label all of your kit lol), learn to properly polish boots, iron.
It'll make things easier for yourself during your really busy weeks.

Someone commented before, but they are correct, you will be taught everything you need to know by qualified instructors, that I 100% agree with.

Good luck and think of the 12 weeks as the hardest probation to any job you'll have :D

I'm not sure if they still do SHARP training toward the end of the course or not, but it sure does make you sleepy. If you can manage to catch some sleep during a lecture but you don't want to miss out on any of the interesting (not interesting) material, then brush up on your S.H.A.R.P knowledge  :nod:

Be the grey man. Don't stand out for bad reasons. I automatically got targeted due to my last name and it made life a lot harder. Some people on my course the staff didn't even know existed until the last week, be those people. I won 2 out of the 4 awards for my platoon (Comraderie and Top Shot), the first one I got by being a joker and staying positive. Any chance you can to boost morale, if it helps others, then why not do it. For example, I did the 8k run back in 2010 on week 8 in knee high pink and white smiling cupcake socks. (Im a dude btw). It made people laugh and got the non confident people thinking about something else during the run.

If you go in there and act like you know everything because you studied, you will pay the highest price for being an individual. When I was there last, the kids with cadet experience thought they were the big shots till they got cut down to size... the goal is to learn and work with your peers.  That's all anyone needs to know about basic, really, the rest will come.

Back