• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Preparing To Join

• Thread starter Thread starter Cycophant
  • Start date Start date
The CFAT is easy. Practice some math though before you go in just to have it fresh. If you pass the medical, and you make it to the interview for infantry, you WILL get selected if you want to.

The PT for basic is a no brainer. Get off you ass and run a few times a week. Do a few sets of 25 pushups a day, maybe throw in some situps and you`re laughing.

Nobody cares about your grade 10 education either. That`s not a factor in selection. The CF is hurtin for more combat troops.

kremey said:
Hello.  I'm not a member of the Armed Forces (sorry!) but I'm desperate for some answers.  Since you guys are in the Forces, I thought you'd be the best people to ask.  My husband is joining the military and I'm desperate for information pertaining to military wives and support and just a glimpse of what I'm in for.  I refuse to deny him his dream but I would like some info.

Again, sorry for posting here because I'm not a member of the Armed Forces but any advice and/or help would be greatly appreciated.
Use the search function on here. There is a tonne of information to read, especially in the Home Front board.

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks for the help Mike.  I've done some research and I now feel better about him joining.  If only I could join too...  :)

misfit said:
The CFAT is easy. Practice some math though before you go in just to have it fresh. If you pass the medical, and you make it to the interview for infantry, you WILL get selected if you want to.

The PT for basic is a no brainer. Get off you *** and run a few times a week. Do a few sets of 25 pushups a day, maybe throw in some situps and you`re laughing.

Nobody cares about your grade 10 education either. That`s not a factor in selection. The CF is hurtin for more combat troops.

I would like to think that this fellow who was asking these questions in July of 2003, has long since found the answers. But I like your style.

kremey said:
Thanks for the help Mike.  I've done some research and I now feel better about him joining.  If only I could join too...  :)

Go for it!  The more the merrier!

Back