• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRes BMQ 2015 June

faivious

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I'm in my application process and might be jumping into BMQ June 28 to the end of August (date confirmed from recruiter).

I'm going in for primary reserves ACISS (Toronto).
Wondering if anyone else is on this timeline as well?

I am in the application process as well. I just need to get through my medical/interview and get merit listed. I am hoping I can attend the PRes BMQ this summer. Did your recruiter tell you how the schedule works for reserves?

I believe the June 28~End of August is two courses, BMQ & BMQ-L, held at Meaford, at least for me (I'm in the GTA).

He told me I wouldn't make it for the May 11th course, but may be able to get in for the June 28.

I'm not 100% about other schedules, I need to confirm with my recruiter.
Is your medical by any chance tomorrow?

Does the course run from June 28 till the end of August (at Meaford, as in I need to stay there for the duration of the time). No I am not scheduled for medical tomorrow. When did you receive the call for the medical?

Yes, you will stay at the camp for the duration of your course.
1 month for BMQ, another 1 month for BMQ-L if you choose to do it this summer.
I was scheduled for my interview & medical after completing my CFAT, which was about a week or two ago.
I'm finishing up my interview on May 4th, and after that, I'm in gods hands as to if I'll be merited for this summer or not.

When did you start your application? I am wondering why you got the call to go ahead with the medical/interview before me?

faivious said:
Yes, you will stay at the camp for the duration of your course.
1 month for BMQ, another 1 month for BMQ-L if you choose to do it this summer.
I was scheduled for my interview & medical after completing my CFAT, which was about a week or two ago.
I'm finishing up my interview on May 4th, and after that, I'm in gods hands as to if I'll be merited for this summer or not.

BMQ-L is now a condensed 2 weeks. (No longer do grenade, M72 or C6)

GreenWood said:
BMQ-L is now a condensed 2 weeks. (No longer do grenade, M72 or C6)

Thank you for the clarification!

Reserve6 said:
When did you start your application? I am wondering why you got the call to go ahead with the medical/interview before me?

I believe I first submitted my online application September 2014, and did my file submission at the CFRC March 2015.
Everyone that did the CFAT in my group waited around to be spoken to, and was given an appointment on the spot.

Few questions on PRes part-time BMQ for units in GTA. Is it the same overall duration as PRes full-time BMQ? Also in Meaford? Do we get shipped out each Friday night from the unit and brought back on Sunday night? Just wondering how it works in general, if anyone recently went on one. Thanks.

Back