• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRes Re-enrolment

s54w

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I enlisted in the primary reserves (infantry) last year, but halfway through BMQ met some medical issues and withdrew from the course, then withdrew from the army a few weeks after that (medical reasons were listed on my release memo.)

I have taken care of my medical issues since then (and can provide doctor's note as proof), so I was looking to re-enlist in the next few months.  However, will I face difficulties, since I joined and quit without even finishing BMQ the first time around?

Hoping I could get some information so I could figure out scheduling for school/potential re-enrolment into the PRes.

Thanks very much!

Good day,

By difficulties I'm assuming that your referring to your own treatment by fellow members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). Such treatment may be considered harassment which is not condoned within the CAF. I have provided the link to the CAF harassment policy.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-defence-admin-orders-directives-5000/5012-0.page 

MCpl,

Thanks for the reply, sorry I was a bit unclear; by difficulties I meant difficulty being accepted back into the CAF.

When I released (4c), I was warned by a lot of people that it may look bad on my file that I left before finishing any training, and might face huge delays in my application process when I reapplied because of that.

Good day,

Thank you for providing more information. Once the required wait period is completed you will not have a problem with the application process because of a 4C release which is a favorable release item. There is more information pertaining to a release under item 4C in a question previously asked "Re enlist after VR" That being said because you released due to a medical condition there may be additional paperwork to be obtained from your family physician during your application process. If have any additional questions that are of medical in nature I recommend that you contact your local recruiting center and request to speak to a member of the medical staff to provide the answer. 

Thanks very much MCpl, I took look at the other thread; I will reapply once my one year waiting period is up.

Thanks again!

Back