• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has asked me yet - when do they do this? They‘re doing the background check on me right now. I haven‘t smoked anything in almost three years and, even then, it was less then a handful of times so I‘m not worried at all... I just want to be upfront about my past. I read a post that said something about signing a declaration or something or do they just ask you in the interview? Got to be honest, always.

The declaration often takes place after taking the CFAT. But I know of people who were asked during interviews as well.

Yes you have to sign a declaration stating which drugs you‘ve used (including caffine, nicotine..ect.) how many times you used/use and then you sign the bottom stating that which you have written is truthful to the best of your knowledge. Oh and after you sign this in the case you get caught using you can/could be charged federaly and you can ruin your chances of ever getting into the army again.
Hope that helps some. Oh and make sure you tell the truth its really not worth the puishment, if your caught lying. I know they do the initale pee test at your medical but do they do another after you‘ve started Basic...just curious

I hear once your in they just give you random pee tests.

Originally posted by SFontaine:
[qb] I‘ve engaged in underage drinking and I want to be entirely truthful to these guys when I go for my interview. Think I‘ll get busted for telling them? [/qb]
Underage drinking isn‘t a criminal offence so I would suggest you‘d be fine. I can‘t say 100% for certain but I‘m pretty sure it‘s no big deal. I don‘t think they look too harshly upon provincial offences. It would be the same as getting a speeding ticket if you got caught.

The guy who interviewed me was like "it said on your form you‘ve smoked marijuwana?" and I was like "yes, about 4 months ago" and he was like "well you know in the CF there is a zero tolerance policy and you cant ever do drugs while in the CF?"... I replied "absolutly" and he was like "ok good. next topic...."

Hey.. Im joining the army reserves BUT for the first time five days ago i tried cannibus. How will this affect me when i go for my apathy test and they test my blood and all that?

I tried it because i wanted to know what the experince was like so i could educate myself, others and my kids in the future.

LOL
So would you shoot yourself in the head if you wanted to see what it feels like or educate other people?

Tried drugs? You wont be joining the army any time soon.

Pract,

"I tried it because i wanted to know what the experince was like so i could educate myself, others and my kids in the future. "

Part of your new education is accepting responsibility for your actions.

Tell your recruiter the truth and reason, then take the result.

That was a silly (that‘s as polite as I can put it) thing to do.

At the very least you‘ve set yourself back 6 months in the application process and added a negative aspect to your file.

:D :D I think you just passed your APATHY test with flying colours :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I think you will probably still have to take the APPTITUDE test though :eek:

Originally posted by Pract:
[qb]five days ago[/qb]
......that isn‘t good dude.

I have a question. Why in gods name would you smoke weed when you clearly knew you would be heading to the army and that theres 0 tolerance?? I mean come on, I‘m not going to lie I use to smoke occasionally but that was before my decision to enlist(7 months ago), I‘ve been clean since. If you truly were serious about enlisting you wouldn‘t have pulled something like this.

Besides, Beer > Weed
Good luck explaining the THC in your blood...

just a question whats with all the drug topic? like really if u wanna use drugs go ahead and screw around with ur life/career just be warned if u can get in the military without them knowing they will find out soon or later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back