• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote,
Im done with this site, nothing but BS

Just give me the word, sunshine,..... the light is green, your on the ramp, and my finger is poised above the "go" button....

I'll miss you, but then, my sights are a bit off...

I think doper will be just fine ... just because he can't handle constructive critism from Army.ca postings shouldn't mean that he can't take it in the nice, gentle, loving, pampering environment of Basic :-*.  Lots of luck keeping it together pal ... I wish there was some method to guarantee these guys do not get in.  Knew a few when I was in and man ... it usually came back to haunt them in a big way ...  :blotto:

I hear the new 'Club Ed' is nice any time of the year.  Ran into a Medic this summer who works there.  He used to go around the Unit UMS, prior to his OT, with rubber gloves doing 'Proctology' jokes.....I wonder?  ^-^

well, maybe I should keep posting, hold my head high, take it like a man. I am going to get in, I quit drugs, I can certainley take a few harsh words, I can take a lot of harsh words, I will wait as long as I have to to get into the CF, I am dedicated and I have put far too much time into my body and my mind preparing for the day I am called up to go to basic training, to let it go to waste.I get pumped up just thinkign about clmbing obstacles and crawling through the mud while getting screamed at, and seriously I cant wait.I am going to prove to myself and everyone else that I can do it, and I will do it,not only has your criticism motivated me to work harder to reach my goal of joining the military, it has also made me realaize sometimes you gotta walk rigth throught shit to learn and in the end youll become a stronegr better person.

Kat Stevens said:
I'll miss you, but then, my sights are a bit off...

Kat, you owe me a large double double. I just spewed mine all over the keyboard when I read that 8)

Danjanou said:
Kat, you owe me a large double double. I just spewed mine all over the keyboard when I read that 8)

Submit a report of loss/damage up through the COC, along with receipt, witness statements, and any other pertinent documentation.  Expect reply or reimbursement no earlier than FY 06, due to high volume of loss due to hilarity claims this FY.

Kat  ;D

CEhopeful said:
well, maybe I should keep posting, hold my head high, take it like a man. I am going to get in, I quit drugs, I can certainly take a few harsh words, I can take a lot of harsh words, I will wait as long as I have to to get into the CF, I am dedicated and I have put far too much time into my body and my mind preparing for the day I am called up to go to basic training, to let it go to waste.I get pumped up just thinking about climbing obstacles and crawling through the mud while getting screamed at, and seriously I cant wait.I am going to prove to myself and everyone else that I can do it, and I will do it,not only has your criticism motivated me to work harder to reach my goal of joining the military, it has also made me realize sometimes you gotta walk rig th through crap to learn and in the end you'll become a stronger better person.

It's good to be motivated like you are but like someone else said, you need to pay the consequences of your previous lifestyle. You're not doing any favours for yourself or the army by lying to them about your past drug use. Why not just be honest, wait the required amount of time, and then continue on with your application? Trust me you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself when you've been clean for a few years and you know your being honest with the recruiters when you say, "I'm totally clean." And I'm sure the recruiters will respect you a whole lot more for being honest with them. If you want to be a member of the CF buddy it's time you learn what characteristics a member must possess. And a liar isn't one of them. Good luck in your endeavours.  :salute:

:cdn:

CEhopeful said:
I used to be a chronic pot smoker until about 2 months agos, Ive also done shrooms a few times, but I do not plan on telling them that I did them, because they only stay in your system for 2-3 days, thats it, and there is no such thing as a shroom flashback. I am going to tellt hem however that I did smoke pot,no point in lying about that.best of luck to any of you who wish for a lifestyle change, IM in the same boat as you and hope we can all get where we want, without   having our stupid decisions haunt us. :cdn:

Dudette, if you tell 'em you did whacky tabacky 2 months ago they'll give you a size 9 up the arse and tell you to come back in 4 months..

HAHA.... how does he plan to radio in coordinates to his artillery or air defence if he can't even do simple math?

" Echo Tango, this is Lima Oscar. I need close air support at (insert coordinates). Drop fifty!" "Ohh god run boys run!!!" It burns, it burns!!!"

Well CEhopeful, you've got some advice about the harsh reality of the standpoint CF takes on prior drug use. You're on to a good start so keep it that way. It's up to you on how you want to head these words of wisdom. For better or for worse. Best of luck.

Cheers

I think doper will be just fine ... just because he can't handle constructive critism from Army.ca postings shouldn't mean that he can't take it in the nice, gentle, loving, pampering environment of Basic .  Lots of luck keeping it together pal ... I wish there was some method to guarantee these guys do not get in.  

Well said Alter Ego.

Homer: Look Marge, you don't know what it's like -- I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And I'm not out of order! You're out of order! The whole freakin' system is out of order! You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't HANDLE the truth! 'Cause when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge, it's Chinatown!

Homer's brain: Use reverse psychology.
Homer: Oh, that sounds too complicated.
Homer's brain: Okay, don't use reverse psychology.
Homer: Okay, I will!

Welcome back to the thread CEhopeful! ;D

Kat Stevens said:
Submit a report of loss/damage up through the COC, along with receipt, witness statements, and any other pertinent documentation.   Expect reply or reimbursement no earlier than FY 06, due to high volume of loss due to hilarity claims this FY.

Kat    ;D

Way too complicated for this poor retired gravel tech there. I'll make you a counter offer. Buy me a new one and I'll loan you my sight adjustment tool.

Oh BTW Cheech managed to get this little piece of info for you just in case we're too mean here.

Centre Recruitment Legion Etrangere
Quartier Lecourbe
1, rue d'Ostende
67000 Strasbourg
Alsace France
TEL : (33) 03 88 61 53 33

and with that along with a hundred other drug threads,......thats a wrap.

I don't know where to start but I really want to be in the Army, specifically Infantry.  I already did a search and definitely read some confident crushers or something along the lines of that.  I already handed in my papers and I'm waiting for the call for my aptitude test etc but I'm not worried about anything really except my medical history which is the only thing that can hold me back of countinueing further in the Army.  Oh yeah, I was planning to go career as I'm not gonna go to college or university.

I actually never been open about 1 thing on this list and probley wouldn't if wasnt for the internet. 

What I really want to know is how much should I tell them about my medical history before they go themselfs to check.  I'm assuming they get all the records on everytime I walked into a walking clinic and what not, right?.

Things I'd like to mention are

-I reported chest pain, I had all the tests done and everything was fine and the conclusion was because of indigestion which is gone and no more i get this problem

-I reported foot pain (everytime if I was doing a physical activity) (x-ray and ultrasound) and ankle pain (happened a lot less than my feet but nevertheless, I reported it) (x-ray) and everything showed up negative.  The conclusion was because I was overweight which was true.  I still need to slim done like 20 pounds but yeah, I did a self test and I'm able to get by just barely but I probley wont get a call for a physical fitness test for probley about another month so that gives me time to get better.

-I had Pilonidal disease.  I had that taken care of.  If you dont know what it is, please look it up cause I don't feel like explaining it.

-I had ingrown toenails and I had this taken care of also.

-The last thing that I hate to admit is that I suffered from depression.  I got help and all that.

I have to admit, that's a hefty list and to be honest, I myself don't think I will get accepted but it never hurts to try tho.

So my question is, should I tell them all that at the medical examination and if not, what should I exclude.

Please no rude replies like your not fit for the army etc because that's for the Army to decide, not you.  Answers and opinions are welcomed tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back