• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Primary Leadership Qualification Course (PLQ) Mega thread

I'm on the DL for the newest one now.

I can't make heads or tails of what's changed. From what I'm being told it's all the same now. Mod 1 DL. Mod 2 residential. Mod 3 field phase (small party taskings). Then the Army does mod 4 (AJLC), the Navy does JNELP, and then the Air Force does whatever they do 😋

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nuggs said:
I'm on the DL for the newest one now.

I can't make heads or tails of what's changed. From what I'm being told it's all the same now. Mod 1 DL. Mod 2 residential. Mod 3 field phase (small party taskings). Then the Army does mod 4 (AJLC), the Navy does JNELP, and then the Air Force does whatever they do 😋

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Arts and Crafts  ;D

Actually, after PLQ in the air force there is LOTS of *PT

* personal time

Eye In The Sky said:
Arts and Crafts  ;D

Actually, after PLQ in the air force there is LOTS of *PT

* personal time

What you do with your socks in the privacy of your rack is personal.    :bowing:

loonie559 said:
How long is the current PLQ?

My PLQ was
Mod 1(DL) - 2 weeks
Mod 2 - 2 weeks
Mod 3 - 3 weeks
Mod 4 Infantry - 5 weeks

I believe the Army Mod 4 was 3 weeks in length.

This was a couple years ago, but I imagine the course content/length for this new JLC is similar.

CombatMacgyver said:
Are you certain?  Because there are a few Army trades that don't do PLQ-A but PLQ-common.  And there are still more purple trades that don't do it.  EGS techs for example do the common PLQ, and maybe SQ

Seems odd that comms rsrch would do it...

That being said, "train as needed" is foreign to the Army.  Otherwise we wouldn't have mechanics and gun-plumbers pepper-potting for miles, or supply technicians with jump wings...

Currently on mine at Shilo and we have 2 Comms Rsrch on course and both are doing the AJLC after Mod 3, one is Air Force other Army

Ex_RMP said:
Currently on mine at Shilo and we have 2 Comms Rsrch on course and both are doing the AJLC after Mod 3, one is Air Force other Army
All 291ers will do BMQ-L (SQ) and PLQ-A (mod1-3) and AJLC, regardless of DEU.

Is James still alive, btw?

LightFighter said:
My PLQ was
Mod 1(DL) - 2 weeks
Mod 2 - 2 weeks
Mod 3 - 3 weeks
Mod 4 Infantry - 5 weeks

I believe the Army Mod 4 was 3 weeks in length.

This was a couple years ago, but I imagine the course content/length for this new JLC is similar.

Last I heard the current PLQ-A is 7 weeks

Hey guys, I’m just trying to map out/guesstimate my training for the next ~5 heads to plan out all my extra curriculum non-military. By the end of this summer I’m poised to complete my BMQ, BMQ (L), and my QL3. Next summer will be QL4. When will I get the chance to get onto a PLQ course as a PRes Medic? If offered at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMei001 said:
Hey guys, I’m just trying to map out/guesstimate my training for the next ~5 heads to plan out all my extra curriculum non-military. By the end of this summer I’m poised to complete my BMQ, BMQ (L), and my QL3. Next summer will be QL4. When will I get the chance to get onto a PLQ course as a PRes Medic? If offered at all

That is almost impossible to guess, really.  It depends on your unit (how many people are ahead of you for it who can get the time to take it), the same thing in your Bde, Div...are there enough courses running that particular FY (never know when cuts to trg come down to meet direction on budgets), etc.

JMei001 said:

You will also have to show some leadership aptitude. Your unit will not send just anyone and every to PLQ because they have to understand things like Battle Procedure and must display the ability to make military decisions under extreme stress. You don't always get the say if you go on the course, you can ask for it, but if they feel you're not ready for it, they won't send you.

Generally, in the Reserve Force, PLQ is something you get at least 4 years of service

LunchMeat said:
You will also have to show some leadership aptitude. Your unit will not send just anyone and every to PLQ because they have to understand things like Battle Procedure and must display the ability to make military decisions under extreme stress. You don't always get the say if you go on the course, you can ask for it, but if they feel you're not ready for it, they won't send you.

Generally, in the Reserve Force, PLQ is something you get at least 4 years of service
Awesome, thanks. I go on BMQ Dec 1st really excited.

How do I go about registering for Mod 1(DL)? I've searched DLN for a number of different terms... PLQ, Primary Leadership Qualification, Primary, Leadership, mod1, PLQ DL, etc. and can't find anything....

You must be nominated for the course - it's not self-selection.

Yeah I thought so too, but this email chain I got from my CM seems to say that I have to register myself?

robin5693 said:
Yeah I thought so too, but this email chain I got from my CM seems to say that I have to register myself?

No because it is set up like serials, there is a set number of days it runs, you have staff in gagetown who you report too, you are nominated for PLQ, and then you are loaded onto mod 1.

robin5693 said:

Might have to register for a DLN/DNDLearn account. If you're loaded, course will show up there.

robin5693 said:

See your Ops or Orderly Room to pull down a copy of your CFTPO message.  Details for course registration should be included on that.  If the email chain from your career manager also included your course message, one of the paras on that should contain the contact pers details for registration.

You also have to register a DND Learn account.

Does anyone know if PLQ Courses still teach warning orders and small party taskings? It's been awhile since I completed the course and things change so often now in the CAF. It would not surprise me if it is not part of the course anymore!
  I have a few Mbrs who are slated to go on PLQ course this late summer, I would like to help prepare them.

Back