• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problem with Base Pharmacy/Pharmacist

Just wondering is there a "e-list" of these OTC that the pharmacy will have on hand? I just found out the one here has Epsom salt for my feet. Great stuff.

Kingston has a handy form for OTC meds, just hand it in to the Pharm O/Pharmacist there and wait in line. Got a whole bottle of Ibuprofin today with no issue, although I did explain it was for pain management post surgery so I can stop taking the hard stuff.

Macey said:
Just wondering is there a "e-list" of these OTC that the pharmacy will have on hand? I just found out the one here has Epsom salt for my feet. Great stuff.
Canadian Forces Drug Benefit List:
http://hrapp.forces.gc.ca/bl-lm/default-eng.asp

Many caveats: 
1) This is the list of pre-approved drugs in the system - this is not what you are entitled to, nor is it a list of what each pharmacy stocks.  Just because the CF stocks sniper rifles doesn't mean I can walk in and get one.
2) This list isn't always 100% accurate/updated.
3) There are certain drugs that can be covered under special circumstances - your doc/pharm will tell you more if it applies.
4) Base pharmacist(s) are the point of contact for what drugs you get or don't get - if they tell you no, it means no.

To answer your question though:  each pharmacy determines their own stocks based on the demands of the supported personnel and the local physicians.  They also determine their own SOPs for how you can request OTCs (e.g. a short-staffed pharmacy will make you go to sick parade for assessment).  That being said, if you find a common OTC on the benefit list, they likely have it.  If not, they may be willing to order it in for you if its reasonable and you're very very nice about it.

Back