• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Promotion Pay/Incentive Level

Harbo0909

Inactive
Reaction score
As this question pertains to any GSO I am hopefully soon to be promoted to Lt. and am trying to decipher the language to figure out where I will fall on the pay scale

CBI 204.04

(3) (Rate of pay on promotion) Subject to paragraphs (4) and (5), an officer or non-commissioned member shall be paid, on promotion to a higher rank, at the rate of pay established in the applicable CBI which is the greater of :

the basic rate of pay for the member's new rank and, if applicable, pay level and trade group; or

the rate of pay for the pay increment and, if applicable, pay level and trade group, for the member’s new rank that is nearest to, but at least equal to, the sum of the rate of pay the member was receiving on the day immediately prior to the date of the promotion, plus an amount equal to the difference between the rate of pay established for pay increment 1 and pay increment Basic in the member’s new rank, but not to exceed the rate of pay for the highest pay increment in the new rank.

As I read this I would be entitled to the pay incentive level nearest my present pay level, in addition to the difference between pay incentive 1 and basic of the new rank.

Is this to say that the additional sum is based upon the incentive level given and basic, with the caveat that if the pay incentive you are going into is the Basic level that you are not entitled to any differnce? Would that mean pay of 4332?  or  4332 + (4626-4332)

2nd Lieutenant    A 3975 4032
Lieutenant          A 4332 4626 4922 5214 ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Us as officers get a decent wage and the only reason I am asking is because of the ambiguous language.  Thanks for any help

Cheers

No you do not get the incentive "plus the difference", so it would be 4332 provided that is your applicable table IAW your ETP Instr.

Back