• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Proof that the AR-15 is a Mattel toy

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watch it on full auto though... might melt in your hands, or your mouth  ;D

http://www.fark.com/cgi/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=4695028

not too bad. i wasnt sure what to expect with it, milled nicely...and yes daft i would worry about the melting factor on full auto

(i have no experience with automatic weapons but even with single action rifles ive had some warm barrells)

Did you guys check out the video by the same guy called the "blobak pistol"
..yes those are elastic bands.

This guy builds rickety weapons and uses the word "dang" instead of cussin....

it got "he was such a quiet guy...I didnt expect that" all over channel 9 news.

Don't try this at home kids.  A lower receiver on an AR 15 has less stress on it than an FN Fal where the lower receiver restrains the breech block until it's unlocked.  Even with the AR 15 you could still end up picking a variety of materials out of your retina.

Dennis Ruhl said:
Don't try this at home kids.  A lower receiver on an AR 15 has less stress on it than an FN Fal where the lower receiver restrains the breech block until it's unlocked.  Even with the AR 15 you could still end up picking a variety of materials out of your retina.
Uh... I don't know who you're calling "kids" but I think most of us here have enough sense and have been around weapons long enough to know that you don't frack with lowers, or uppers, unless you've got the know how.

The gentleman who created the HDPE lower obviously HAS the know how, and has proved that with his expertise, and knowledge re: physics and properties requires for his HDPE lower to work.

By the way... who said anything about an FN FAL? You mean... C1A1/C2A1? No one even remotely mentioned the FN family of weapons...  ::)

MedTech said:
Uh... I don't know who you're calling "kids"

Just a very common expression.  Nothing more; nothing less.

By the way... who said anything about an FN FAL? You mean... C1A1/C2A1? No one even remotely mentioned the FN family of weapons...  ::)

I mentioned it.  Unfortunately when I checked an FAL the breechblock carrier does, in fact, lock into the bottom of the upper receiver.  Sorry for the error.  The lower receiver just has the trigger mechanism and could be made of silly putty.  I haven't played with one for a couple years.

Structurally modifying weapons is bad news for all but the pros. 

http://www.snopes.com/military/m16.asp

Back