• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Unintended Consequences of Diversity Statements

I think most non-unhinged people would be satisfied with that.

I mean that seriously, wokism is highly correlated with mental illness.
Now this is from an academic example (Harvard admissions studies) but to no one’s surprise, children of alumni have a higher chance of getting into the same school versus non-alumni with the same academic CV.

Last edited:
Now this is from an academic example (Harvard admissions studies) but to no one’s surprise, children of alumni have a higher chance of getting into the same school versus non-alumni with the same academic CV.

I like how they are differentiating the "Asian population" Saying "Asian" to cover the whole region is akin to saying "American" to cover off people from Canada, US, Central and South America.

I like how they are differentiating the "Asian population" Saying "Asian" to cover the whole region is akin to saying "American" to cover off people from Canada, US, Central and South America.
Maybe they’re using the British understanding of “Asian”, which is more “South Asian” than East Asian.

Harvard really is wearing it these days isn't it?
That article was from Nov 2023.

I see the differences between a South Indian and North Indian and even that is very rough take. Comparing a person of Chinese origin who came from Hong Kong or the Interior of China is also fraught with problems.

The evil Republicans on the USSC did pass a judgement limiting affirmative action admissions, but the noble Democrats who run the institutions are still able to find ways around it.

I see the differences between a South Indian and North Indian and even that is very rough take. Comparing a person of Chinese origin who came from Hong Kong or the Interior of China is also fraught with problems.
You mean Indo-Aryan vs Dravidian?

3500 years and that is still a live debate. About as long as the Jew vs Arab debate.

Palestinians are relative newcomers to Israel. The Sea Peoples arrived in Gaza about 3200 years ago.

I'm honestly not sure what the attraction is.

I am a member of Clan Hamilton on my mother's side.
We don't either other than perhaps the modern status of claiming native status?? Able to travel to the US using the card? I know over the years I have heard many people mistakenly voicing opinions of things that are simply not true. My family on wife side has a trace going back but decided there wasn't any real attraction that warranted going through the effort of getting it recognized. Then there are those in places like NS that are (or at least were a few years ago) claiming they are Metis simply based on the family rumour that they have a native ancestor, created ID cards and going to stores expecting not to pay taxes.

More balancing going on in big business...

Molson Coors ends diversity, equity and inclusion policies, moves to 'broader view'​

Brewing company Molson Coors says it is dropping its diversity, equity and inclusion policies and taking a "broader view" in which all employees know they are welcome.

In an internal memo Molson Coors shared with The Canadian Press, the company says its DEI employee training is complete and that it will no longer have specific "representation goals" in its hiring process.

As well, the Canadian-American multinational says it will no longer participate in the ranking program by the Human Rights Campaign, an advocacy group that scores companies on how inclusive their workplace practices are toward to the LGBTQ+ community.

Molson Coors says it will be instead relying on its own internal metrics as well as employee feedback to develop a "strong workplace where everyone can thrive."

More balancing going on in big business...

Molson Coors ends diversity, equity and inclusion policies, moves to 'broader view'​

Brewing company Molson Coors says it is dropping its diversity, equity and inclusion policies and taking a "broader view" in which all employees know they are welcome.

In an internal memo Molson Coors shared with The Canadian Press, the company says its DEI employee training is complete and that it will no longer have specific "representation goals" in its hiring process.

As well, the Canadian-American multinational says it will no longer participate in the ranking program by the Human Rights Campaign, an advocacy group that scores companies on how inclusive their workplace practices are toward to the LGBTQ+ community.

Molson Coors says it will be instead relying on its own internal metrics as well as employee feedback to develop a "strong workplace where everyone can thrive."

So, at first glance (or the PR lines), Molson Coors isn’t really “ending” them per se.

If they’re “taking a broader view in which all employees know they are welcome”, that seems pretty DEI (especially inclusion) to me.

So, at first glance (or the PR lines), Molson Coors isn’t really “ending” them per se.

If they’re “taking a broader view in which all employees know they are welcome”, that seems pretty DEI (especially inclusion) to me.
That sounds like literally the overarching principle of the whole concept, yup.

They're ending 'affirmative action' in their hiring processes, and following polices set by an unaccountable third party.

I'd say that's a big deal, and shows more of a focus on real business requirements than virtue signaling.

They're ending 'affirmative action' in their hiring processes, and following polices set by an unaccountable third party.

I'd say that's a big deal, and shows more of a focus on real business requirements than virtue signaling.
I was typing something similar when I saw there was a new post.

I suspect they realized that there was no way to appease the activists, while still running an effective business. Treating your people fairly doesn't require an outside organization, or quotas.

I was typing something similar when I saw there was a new post.

I suspect they realized that there was no way to appease the activists, while still running an effective business. Treating your people fairly doesn't require an outside organization, or quotas.
Your and @daftandbarmy ’s points are fair.

But, my take on this was that when the govt (or anyone) brings a “new” program in, there will be a disruptive element at first but the idea is that eventually society will take it onboard and make it status quo.

I’m thinking of seatbelt laws, specifically. It’s pretty ingrained now that people must wear seatbelts, but wasn’t so when it first happened.

So yes, it shouldn’t require an outside organization or quotas, once “treating your people fairly” is actually ingrained. But we all know that as of this point, it’s not ingrained or else there wouldn’t be issues of people not being treated fairly.

Seatbelt
Your and @daftandbarmy ’s points are fair.

But, my take on this was that when the govt (or anyone) brings a “new” program in, there will be a disruptive element at first but the idea is that eventually society will take it onboard and make it status quo.

I’m thinking of seatbelt laws, specifically. It’s pretty ingrained now that people must wear seatbelts, but wasn’t so when it first happened.

So yes, it shouldn’t require an outside organization or quotas, once “treating your people fairly” is actually ingrained. But we all know that as of this point, it’s not ingrained or else there wouldn’t be issues of people not being treated fairly.
Seatbelt laws didn't try to make one portion of the workforce seem bad for existing, or take on collective guilt for actions that happened before they were born...

You are correct that there is a disruptive element to any change, but the way DEI was pushed in many instances was actively harming it's stated objectives.

Back