• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PT preparation

eharps

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This may be a long shot, but it seems to me it might not be a bad idea. As you can read below, I am applying for Infantry and Combat Engineer through the Ottawa CFRC and am awaiting the interview stage. I was just wondering if there are any other recruits/"pre"-recruits that are in the same-ish area that would be interested in a joint PT prep session, almost like one of those cheesy "boot camps" you can do.

The reason I ask is because I have read a lot of threads on here concerning preparation and worries based around it. If you are interested in joining me for some good ol' running, weight training or anything I would love to have a few like-minded workout buddies.

My situation is that I have grown up on a farm working so I have some good muscle built, but would like to lean down to make my life easier if I make it to BMQ  :p (all those high calorie farm meals after a long day build up around the middle :) )

Also, mods reading this, if this in anyway breaks any site rules feel free to remove it and let me know.

Thanks guys,

eharps

The only exercises you need to know how to do well in your BMQ are pushups, and squats...Not with weight though, just squat in position and hold it.
Don't worry about losing weight before your BMQ, you'll lose the weight during the training.

If I was in Ottawa I'd take you up on that offer, I'm in Petawawa though so just far enough away for it to be a major inconvenience. Good luck in finding people.

If anyone in Petawawa is interested in meeting up for a run or some weight training, I'm interested!

Have you been given a sheet on the "Forces" fit test yet?
Try "you tubing" it.
When I passed my physical I was given a sheet to let me know what the fit test was going to be.
1. 20M shuttle run
2. 20M rushes (can be found on you tube)
3. 20M drag with 225lb (can be found on you tube)

I work these three elements once a week as well as working on my running. I'm not a strong runner, but I'm getting there.

Best wishes

Thanks for the tip!

After my interview, I was told a few things to prepare for. I also just ran the Spartan Race in Ottawa, only the 5k, and it was tough but I did it.

Getting there!

Back