• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pte. Bradley Stephen Howell killed in forklift accident; Halifax March 2006

J

jmackenzie_15

http://www.cbc.ca/ns/story/ns-howell-armoury20060313.html

Soldier crushed by forklift 
Last updated Mar 13 2006 01:50 PM AST
CBC News
An army reservist was killed in an accident involving a forklift Sunday night at the Halifax Armoury.

Pte. Bradley Stephen Howell, 18, was working a security shift with two other people when he became trapped between a forklift and a military vehicle. He died later in hospital.

Military investigators were at the Armoury Monday to try to figure out what happened.

"Our investigators will be looking at all possibilities there before they come to any conclusion," said Capt. Mark Giles, a military spokesman.

Howell, from Middle Sackville, was a member of the army reserves with the Princess Louise Fusiliers.

I did a course with this guy... good trooper.
My condolences to his family and anyone that knew him.

RIP Howell

RIP Pte.

Condolences to friends and family.

muffin

Very Tragic,

Hopefully Investigators will figure out how to prevent something like that from occurring again.

RIP  :salute:

I was just talking to him last afternoon... jesus... very upsetting...

RIP Brad.
As well, his brother would like to pass along thanks on behalf of his family for all the support the members of this forum are offering.

http://www.cbc.ca/ns/story/ns-howell-armoury20060313.html

Another very sad incident. It's definitley a reminder of how dangerous our workplaces can be.

I am in the same unit as brad, and he was one of my best friends, thank you to everybody for showing you care
Im going to miss you so much buddy  :cdn:

Our condolences to the family and friends of Pte. Bradley Stephen Howell.

May you Rest In Peace 

S.Bradbury
    :cdn:

My condolences to the family and friends of Pte Howell.
Rest in Peace.

I am in the same Unit as Brad as well, I seen him around all the time. It's a big loss.  :(  Rest in peace  :cdn:

RIP Pte. Bradley Stephen Howell

I didnt know Pte. Howell but i do work at the Halifax Armoury as a member of 723 Comm Squad and see the P.L.F guys all the time so it is hard to hear about a death like this. My condolences to all Pte. Howell's friends and family. :salute:

:cdn: Pte. MacInnis-Carr :cdn:

I'm Pte. Howell's older brother, Adam.
I'd like to thank all of you for the outpouring of sympathy and support. It's been invaluable to myself and my family during this difficult time. I'm sorry that some of you never got a chance to meet him, but it's comforting to know that in some way he touched your lives.
There will be a service held for Brad on Saturday, and I'll re-post with more information as it comes.
Thank you all again,

Adam

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=2014

News Release
Charges Laid in Forklift Death
CFNIS (AR) 2006-06 - August 4, 2006

Halifax - After a thorough investigation by the Canadian Forces National Investigation Service (CFNIS), with assistance from local military police, charges have been laid in relation to the forklift accident that occurred at the Halifax Armoury March 13. 

A female soldier has been charged with improper driving (Section 111) and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle (Section 112) under the Code of Service Discipline of the National Defence Act. As the accused was under the age of 18 at the time of the incident, she cannot be identified.

The accident resulted in the death of a young army reservist after he was caught between the forklift and another vehicle.

The NIS is an independent military police unit with the mandate to investigate serious and sensitive matters in relation to National Defence property and employees, and CF personnel serving in Canada and around the world.

Well, that answers that then. Thanks for the post, BBJ

Back