• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pte Wiebe, Cpl. Bouzane, Sgt. Karigiann Killed in Afghanistan Blast - 20 June 07

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
Three NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan blast
Updated Wed. Jun. 20 2007 8:20 AM ET CTV.ca News Staff
Article Link

Three NATO soldiers have been killed by an explosion in southern Afghanistan.

They were travelling in a vehicle when it was struck by an improvised explosive device, according to alliance officials cited by The Associated Press.

The nationalities of the three killed soldiers have not yet been released, pending notification of next of kin.

In other violence, officials said earlier Wednesday that gunmen fired on people praying in a mosque in eastern Afghanistan, killing three.

The attack took place in Ismail Kheil, a village in Khost province. Two armed men entered the mosque, opening fire and killing three and wounding a fourth, according to Wazir Pacha, a Zabul province police chief who spoke to AP.

The attackers fled the scene and police are still unsure of the motive for the shooting.

In another attack, militants ambushed a United Nations convoy on the main highway between Kabul and Kandahar. The strike left two Afghan guards dead, and a third wounded. Two UN vehicles were damaged in the attack, Jailani Khan, a highway police chief for Zabul told AP.

And in the southern Kandahar province, Afghan police clashed with militants, retaking control of Miya Nishin district. One day earlier, militants overran the district. But just hours after police re-established control on Wednesday, the insurgents once again took over the district, said Esmatullah Alizai, a provincial police officer.
More on link

:( My condolences to  all of thier friends and families.

RIP Soldiers.

Oh nuts, I hope it's not anyone I know. Three more brave souls have left us. May they Rest in Peace  :salute:  :cdn:

My prayers and condolences to  all of thier families and brothers in arms.  :cdn:

We have suffered another great loss as a country.  These fine soldiers, like the others before, shall not be forgot.  :salute:

Official DND Release:

Three Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan

CEFCOM NR–07.018 - June 20, 2007

OTTAWA –  Three Canadian soldiers were killed at approximately 8 a.m. Kandahar time today when the vehicle in which they were traveling struck a suspected improvised explosive device on the main road, approximately 40 kms west of Kandahar City.  The incident occurred while the soldiers were conducting resupply operations between checkpoints.

The names of the casualties are being temporarily withheld at the request of their families.

The loss of every soldier is significant and is felt by all members of Joint Task Force Afghanistan. Notwithstanding that, we remain committed to the mission and the idea of peace and stability for the people of Afghanistan. We will not be deterred by the efforts of those who would deny the Afghan people a brighter future.

Mike Baker said:
Oh nuts, I hope it's not anyone I know. Three more brave souls have left us. May they Rest in Peace  :salute:  :cdn:

My fingers are crossed for the same reasons.

When I saw the flag at half-staff at the Garrison today I caught my breath and my heart grew heavy.

My sincerest condolences to the friends and families of the fallen.

:cdn: :salute:

edit: I always wish I could come up with something intelligent or poignant to say, especially when it's buds.......but I do not have the skill. So, I will just continue to do what I do, as best as I can, and hope I honour them in the process. My actions will be my remembrance.

My condolences to the families, and godspeed to my friend.  :salute:

RIP Troops; your job is done. My condelences to family and friends.  :cdn:  :salute:  :cdn:

Pro Patria

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of these Canadians.

Your job is done now, its time to rest

:cdn:
Hawk

Back