• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PTSD/OSI

TCBF

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Seems to me that  Smokey Smith had the right idea.  When asked, he said "I just put all that behind me."

But then, there are big bucks in today's CBI (Care Bear Industry).  We are all victims, and so on.  What happens when the consumers outnumber the producers?  Won't be any Canada left to defend.

Tom

Tom,

I am not sure that Smokey was always able to put it all behind him - during WWII he was promoted 9 times to Cpl and busted 9 times to Pte. He had his own particular ways to deal with things that is for sure, including a good drink.  

From his bio:
Friends knew him as "a soldier's soldier," an independently minded man whose relationship with the army was stormy. He was made a corporal nine times and busted back to private nine times. He held the rank of private when he was awarded the VC, making him the only Canadian private to win the medal in the Second World War.

Gunner98 said:
He was made a corporal nine times and busted back to private nine times. He held the rank of private when he was awarded the VC, making him the only Canadian private to win the medal in the Second World War.

Others would call him persistent.

Not to joke about a very real problem but if you don't know what the signs and symptoms are or can not articulate it does not mean you are not suffering from it. I know many WW II vets that when questioned have signs and symptoms of PTSD, my father included. I wrote it off to a irritable old man but as I became more educated, I could put it all together.

I am not saying that Pte Smith VC suffered from PTSD.  I am willing to bet if a study was conducted it would show a large portion of Veterans had some symptoms. As the many Operations we go on....no one comes back the same person that left.  :salute:

Back