• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pushup, Pullup, Crunch game

Well Mike, that means my new challenge is to beat the deck of cards.
It's on!  :warstory:

Rice0031 said:
Well Mike, that means my new challenge is to beat the deck of cards.
It's on!  :warstory:
Well, if I could do it, im sure you can  ;)

If I remember correctly isn't the new pt standard for chin-ups in the Canadian forces a minimum of 10, I've only read on this post of people doing either 2, 6 or 8. Shouldn't I be starting at 10 and working my way up from there to get a more accurate feel of the chin-ups I will encounter in Bmq?  any replies are appreciated.  Thanks

Chinups are different then pullups. Pullups are palm out and are way harder to do then chinups (palms in)

Chin ups are not always easier to do than pull ups. It depends on the person. I have a very strong back so I do way more pull ups than chin ups. They both involve all the muscles in your upper back but the ratios change for the amount each muscles work.

Mud Recce Man said:
Bump.  Have you continued this, and has it spurred any growth/strength/endurance gains??

Actually after a week of this I developed major pain in my joints and had to scale it back to twice a week.At the end of the week I was struggling to pump off 10 P.U at a time,and pull-up's were sets of ones.

I had to revamp my work-out plan,as my ankle is fully healed (I tore everything)and I'm back to running.
Here's what I've been following so far this year,it hurts however It's allowing me time to recover better.

Work out plan 2007

MONDAY-5KM RUN,200 SITUPS,3X SETS 15 JUMPING SQUATS

TUESDAY-15KM RUN

WENSDAY-5KM RUN 25 PULL UPS(Negatives for 15 after)

THURSDAY-20KM RUN (or 2x 10)

FRIDAY-RESTDAY

SATURDAY-10KM RUN(morning)
5KM RUN (night)
200 SITUPS
100 PUSHUPS
SUNDAY-TEST DAY(rest in between stations)
-Beep test(5 min rest)
-push-ups(2 minute rest)
-situps(2 minute rest)
-pull-ups

Rucksack 6.5km(optional)

I should have never put opitional next to rucksack,as I have yet to do one this month ;D

disclaimer**I have a large cardio base. I wouldnt jump right into the running if you try this**

cheers

Back