• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Qualifications for Comm Research Operator

God56

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm still in school doing the reserves thing I've got BMQ, SQ, QL3, and driver wheeled under my belt. Now I want to go into Comm Research Operator. Right Now I'm going to apply for the Cyberspace security course at Georgian college. While I'm apply, I just want to know is there any other courses, programs, or other that I should look into, that would further help me get into this trade.

Go into the nearest recruiting center. They'll know.

Regards

Any crse is a good crse, just don't expect to use it right away in the trade.  As far as getting into the trade - shouldn't be a problem, just be patient.  Once you get in the trade and get all qualified, then you can look into specializing, etc.  Good luck

Is there any trade, that is reserve, which would be a better prerequisite then infantry or are they all looked at the same.

Well I was reserve infantry beforehand and I turned out just fine :)

I suppose anything Sigs related wouldn't hurt - failing that - possibly Int Op

Math 1030

If you do this course , you will be golden

Ask at your local college or university

Good call Crow - I didn't think of that!  That'll definitely get you ahead of the game though - that's for sure.  I forgot that the math pack is part of the 3's now.

thanks that'll help me I'll look into this math course. What kind of math is it like crazy calculus stuff

The math package on the QL3 is everything from simple arithmetic to power in, power out - that sort of stuff.  It goes from very basic to advanced.

Mavis beacon typing program is nice to look at as well.Morse code is nice to know too,make up some flash cards.

Ah Mavis Beacon - she was my girlfriend for the better portion of a year - that is to say - I spent a lot of nights with her

God56 said:
Is there any trade, that is reserve, which would be a better prerequisite then infantry or are they all looked at the same.

I would think Res Comm Rsch would be a good prerequisite trade. Of course you would have to live in the Kingston area to join 772 EW Sqn.

Back