• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Qualifying Information

ZipperHead

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Hear! Hear! I have thought of putting out a post of similar intent, especially after reading some posts of a dubious nature. There have been many informative posts, complete with links to the correct CANFORGEN or CFAO reference, but too many of the "Well, in my unit we can wear the fur cap with DEU in the summer time!!!" variety have lead some people astray. I can't wait til the day when I hear a lame excuse backed up with "Well, Sarge, I read it on the Army.ca forum, so it HAS to be true!!!!"  ::)

Thanks for "laying down the law" Mike.

Take care,

Al

I'm bumping this post since alot of people seem to be forgetting this and posting alot of misinformation or stupid shit they thought off the top of their heads....

I find Army.ca a refreshing site, and a substantial source of expert and highly informed opinion
as well as points of view from people (usually with a military background) who really know what
they are talking about - as opposed, sadly. to much of the media in Canada. My associates and I
are consultants in the technology and aerospace sector (more than thirty years, seems longer)
and have undertaken many projects in the international sector - we deal in information, which
must be, by definition, highly accurate and well researched. I also come from a long established
Nova Scotia family, with strong links to the Canadian Military since the Riel Rebellion. MacLeod

Thanks MacLeod. The quality and accuracy of the information here is only as good as our membership. I believe that in recent times the "signal to noise" ratio has improved dramatically, which is a reflection on our members and the efforts of our moderation staff here.

Cheers
Mike

We've seen a handfull of large posts making claims based on information gained through print media.   Occasionally large threads with several of these "article posts" break down into arguing over facts & sources.   If you are one of our resident article writers consider making use of the footnote.   It is possible to produce a footnote in a post1.   Using this to identify sources immeimmediately when presenting obscure facts may prevent the thread from degenerating later.

1.   Me, This Post.   2004

An excellent idea. Here's the "code" for the above footnote:

Code:
It is possible to produce a footnote in a post1.  Using this to identify sources immeimmediately when presenting obscure facts may prevent the thread from degenerating later.

1.  Me, [i]This Post[/i].  2004

Back