• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about an email

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

josebot533

So I just got an automated email and just want some information. It said:

Thank you for your interest in joining the Canadian Armed Forces. The CAF is proud to be an employer of choice for many Canadians. We receive a high volume of applications for many of our occupations. This includes the one(s) you have selected.  As a result, your file has been placed on a temporary hold for further processing.

I picked a boatswain position, FYI. Is this email saying I'm out or that they're already full and to afraid to say you didn't cut it.

Any help will be nice
J

It depends on your situation. Job background, crim check, credit check and reference. Have they all checked out fine? Otherwise i would think that the occupation is now full. Normally they would call you if thats the case. Unless you chose to be contacted fully by email.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Ryan_T said:
It depends on your situation. Job background, crim check, credit check and reference. Have they all checked out fine? Otherwise i would think that the occupation is now full. Normally they would call you if thats the case. Unless you chose to be contacted fully by email.

The woman I talked to said everything was fine with my application. Wish they had the balls to say what they want and not sugar coat it. Christ.

Your application may well be fine. Regardless, it is on hold for some reason. The e-mail did not say that you were rejected.

A little - but not too much - patience is a good thing.

Edited to add: I just noticed your post from early-November. That matter may well cause a little delay, but so could other factors.

Loachman said:
Your application may well be fine. Regardless, it is on hold for some reason. The e-mail did not say that you were rejected.

A little - but not too much - patience is a good thing.

Yeah, but would they say sorry your application was terminated or beat around the Bush?

Straightforward...is that so hard to ask?

Had your application not been accepted, I am reasonably certain that you would have been so informed. There is no reason to jerk people around, ie by saying "on hold" (which is temporary) rather than "not accepted".

Loachman said:
Had your application not been accepted, I am reasonably certain that you would have been so informed. There is no reason to jerk people around, ie by saying "on hold" (which is temporary) rather than "not accepted".

A load of bullcrap if I may be so bold to say. Everything I read on the CAF site said I didn't violate any wrongs. Wtf am I on hold?

Ryan_T said:

See, I'd think that too if the woman I spoke to mere days ago said that that jobs jobs haven't been posted yet and won't be known until the end of March or so.

You're inclined to write in proper English. As for the email, it clearly says 'On Hold'..

Who on earth did you talk to? They are all posted on the site for the new fiscal yr. She must be new and didnt know. If the trade you are trying to get into shows hiring, they are currently hiring.

josebot533 said:
A load of bullcrap if I may be so bold to say. Everything I read on the CAF site said I didn't violate any wrongs. Wtf am I on hold?

Firstly, nobody here can give you a specific reason, as nobody has access to your file. That leaves idle speculation.

Yes, suggesting that your other matter may be cause for delay was speculating, but such was as valid a suggestion as any.

You stated that the received e-mail was automatically-generated. If it was, what do you expect at this point? The option appears to be either that e-mail, or a potentially lengthy wait absent any communication whatsoever until somebody had the time to compose something more detailed. At least that e-mail lets you know that your application is still alive, even if temporarily dormant.

So, unknot your knickers and wait a couple of weeks. People are sometimes busy, and yours is not the only application in the mill. Should no further e-mail arrive, then politely contact the recruiting centre and ask what is happening. I'd suggest using more suitable wording than "Wtf am I on hold?". Such attitudinal displays will not benefit you.

No system is perfect, and nothing is instantaneous. Some people end up waiting for long, long periods for one or another - or several - reason(s).

And websites do not display all, or the latest and most accurate, information.

Loachman said:
Firstly, nobody here can give you a specific reason, as nobody has access to your file. That leaves idle speculation.

Yes, suggesting that your other matter may be cause for delay was speculating, but such was as valid a suggestion as any.

You stated that the received e-mail was automatically-generated. If it was, what do you expect at this point? The option appears to be either that e-mail, or a potentially lengthy wait absent any communication whatsoever until somebody had the time to compose something more detailed. At least that e-mail lets you know that your application is still alive, even if temporarily dormant.

So, unknot your knickers and wait a couple of weeks. People are sometimes busy, and yours is not the only application in the mill. Should no further e-mail arrive, then politely contact the recruiting centre and ask what is happening. I'd suggest using more suitable wording than "Wtf am I on hold?". Such attitudinal displays will not benefit you.

No system is perfect, and nothing is instantaneous. Some people end up waiting for long, long periods for one or another - or several - reason(s).

And websites do not display all, or the latest and most accurate, information.

Guess the only thing I can do is talk to someone tomorrow and hopefully they can sort out the crap from facts. That's what pisses me off the most is that she said (mind you she's a Frenchy and probably not keen having to speak anglais to me) that I should get back in touch with her at the end of March to see where my applications going. FiretrUckers.

josebot533 said:
Guess the only thing I can do is talk to someone tomorrow and hopefully they can sort out the crap from facts. That's what pisses me off the most is that she said (mind you she's a Frenchy and probably not keen having to speak anglais to me) that I should get back in touch with her at the end of March to see where my applications going. FiretrUckers.

You seem frustrated.  I would watch your language as well as your insinuations about a C. F. member who speaks two of our official languages. 

RocketRichard said:
You seem frustrated.  I would watch your language as well as your insinuations about a C. F. member who speaks two of our official languages.

I wasn't insinuating that she was leading me astray because she's biased just that she should get her facts straight before passing them on. Imagine if the army tells you that you got 5 weeks to ready your affairs before deployment than do a 360 and tell you you got 5 days. You wouldn't feel pissed off or frustrated?

josebot533 said:
I wasn't insinuating that she was leading me astray because she's biased just that she should get her facts straight before passing them on. Imagine if the army tells you that you got 5 weeks to ready your affairs before deployment than do a 360 and tell you you got 5 days. You wouldn't feel pissed off or frustrated?

There could be a facts issue here correct but calling someone a 'Frenchy' doesn't help the discussion.

PS I was sent over 7 000 kms away with 72 hours notice.  This can happen in the military.

josebot533, you should consider a less negative attitude. Everyone has a different journey through the recruitment process, accept that this is yours. Read up on your situation and be ready for the next steps instead of passing judgement.

RocketRichard said:
There could be a facts issue here correct but calling someone a 'Frenchy' doesn't help the discussion.

PS I was sent over 7 000 kms away with 72 hours notice.  This can happen in the military.

Touché

josebot533 said:
Guess the only thing I can do is talk to someone tomorrow and hopefully they can sort out the crap from facts.

What "crap"?

And don't expect "facts" tomorrow. You were asked to "get back in touch with her at the end of March to see where my applications (sic) going". Why not be a little patient, as I have gently suggested, and wait until then? She obviously has nothing of value, at this point, to tell you, else she'd have said it instead of asking that you give her a reasonable amount of time. Your acceptance or rejection is not decided at the recruiting centre.

josebot533 said:
That's what pisses me off the most

Why are you even pissed off at all? I see absolutely no justification for that. What I do see, however, is somebody with an inflated sense of entitlement, a lack of patience, and an obnoxious attitude. You are not the number one priority for the recruiting system.

And, before I proceed further, understand this:

I want you to succeed, if you have that within you. I write this because I care, not merely to dump on you. I'd not waste so much time and so many electrons if I didn't care. I'll be blunt, because you clearly need somebody to be brutally honest with you.

Your instructors, regardless of their mother tongue, will want you to succeed as well, but their willingness to help you will be finite. You will be the one who loses, not them, and not the CF as a whole, when their willingness to help you evaporates.

Now, back to recruiting priorities...

You indicated that your target occupation is not in demand right now. Other occupations will be in demand, so, guess which applicants are more likely to move through the system a little more quickly?

josebot533 said:
mind you she's a Frenchy and probably not keen having to speak anglais to me

How fucking dare you...

SHOULD you be accepted - and you are not exactly coming across as a highly-desirable candidate right now - you will find that, on your courses, several of your instructors are "Frenchies". SHOULD you make it past your initial courses, you will find that several of your superiors are "Frenchies". Get used to that idea now, and show the respect due to them, or you will have an unpleasant, and most likely short, career.

And nobody will mourn your failure, in either official language.

josebot533 said:
I should get back in touch with her at the end of March to see where my applications going.

Yes, you should. P - o - l - i - t - e - l - y.

And learn to understand and follow simple direction. Inability to do so will not aid you one bit.

Start to unfuck yourself right now, before it is too late for you.

Nobody is better able to determine your success or your failure than you.

You have some choices and some adjustments to make.

Or not...

browen said:
josebot533, you should consider a less negative attitude. Everyone has a different journey through the recruitment process, accept that this is yours. Read up on your situation and be ready for the next steps instead of passing judgement.

Well said. I don't give 2 shirts what you say but you said it well. Semper Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back