• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about Physiotherapist Officer

Piper0507

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could help me out or fill me in some information about the Physiotherapist officer
I have been wanting to become a physiotherapist, and luckily the job is offered in the army.
But the problem is that the information on the forces.ca site says that physiotherapist officers
are already physiotherapists when they join. It was something called "Direct Entry."
So does that mean as a student that wants to become Physiotherapist at RMC have less chance
of getting in? Also If I do get in, Physiotherapy courses are not offered at RMC. Does that mean i have to apply for other universities on top of aplying for ROTP?

I am very confused,
Thank you.

If you're interested in becoming a PTO, then you should speak to your Recruiting Centre.  Physiotherapy is not offered at RMC, so your chances of going to RMC and doing physio are zero.  The website stated that you need to already have a physio degree before you apply as a Direct Entry Officer, so you would have to obtain your physio qualifications at a civilian university.

Bottom line, if you want to be a physiotherapist you need to go to civvie U.  If you are still interested in joining the CF as a PTO after you have a degree, that may be possible depending on intake requirements.  If you want to go to RMC, though, it will likely be as some other trade.

I looked at switching over to Physio Officer and you need to be civilian university trained fully before you're even considered also.

Physiotherapy is one of the "tricky" trades. By Canadian Law, to get your PT license you need a Master's degree. The forces would pay for it, however if you ask them to pay for an undergraduate first then you must do your service first. Since an undergraduate does not certify you, then it must be in a different trade. What you could do is join the reserves while you do your undergraduate studies then asked the to pay for the full ride of your graduate degree.

Hey I looked into this as well. I have an undergraduate degree and when I spoke to a recruiter. I had to show my admissions letter into an MSc Physio program at an accredited school then I could apply for ROTP for them to pay for my masters to obtain the fully license and do service that way. Direct Entry means you are a fully qualified physiotherapists applying. Thats what the recruiter told me atleast

Back