• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question for anyone getting earnings loss

RobA

Inactive
Reaction score
Can you tell me if it shows up in the "benefits received" part of your My Vac acct?

I recently applied for rehab services and EL. Bith say 'complete' as of the other day. Dont know the decision, still waiting for my letter, but under "my benefits" it lists:

- treatment benefits
- disability award
- rehabilitation services

The first two I've always had. The "rehab services" is new so I'm assuming I'm approved for that (which was expected). I'm wondering if the lack of "earnings loss" means I didn't get approved for that? That would be most unexpected since I've been on EL and voc rehab before but have been unable to find gainful employment.

I'll know  next week when I get my decision letter, but don't want to wait that long.

I though EL was basically guaranteed if youre approved for voc rehab?

Or maybe EL just doesn't show up in your My Vac acct under "my benefits"

Ok, answered my own question. It finally went up on my vac acct. Approved.

That was actually pretty quick, applied in early july

So, one final question: is every VAC benefits program backdated to when you made the application? Specifically  the earnings loss program? Or is the effective date the day you're approved?

From reading the VAC site and the policy's it would be the effective date that VAC tells you. On another note the EL Benefit - Eligibility Period policy is currently not available and may be getting updated.

Back