• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question for the Ex CAR members

T

toms3

Hope you guys don‘t mind me asking this question...

When the Government disbanded the CAR (a dark day) how long did it take you to start to feel loyalties and belonging with your new units?

I know postings, and transfers happen all the time, but if someone FORCED me to leave my unit and join another I would have hard time feeling like I belonged.

When the Regiment disbanded nobody really went to new units. You either shut‘er down and quit or you went back to you parent unit from whence you came. A handful of people re-badged to the RCR so that they could stay in Petawawa. What remained of 3 CDO formed the Airborne Holding Unit (AHU) which would later expand into the RCR LIB and then 3RCR.

I am no longer loyal to any unit, Regt or corps in this Army. I am loyal to the people I serve with.

Isn‘t that what all boil‘s down to in the end after you‘ve served for any length of time?

It is with me and has been for year‘s.

I‘m loyal to a code of honour, ethics, morals and behaviour.

I refuse to be loyal to, and despise quislings, or those who put their own selfish, greedy self-interests above those of their subordinates and peers (which is probably why I have such a problem, since the CF is riddled with the latter, sadly). We advance ourselves by helping others get ahead, not by stepping on them - unfortunately, there are too many of us who have footprints on our shoulders ...

Queen‘s Regulations and Orders clearly state that loyalty must go to the highest level, and not merely, blindly, or solely to only the next higher level - this codifies the concept of being loyal to Canada first, when faced with a potential conflict in loyality.

I kind of liked being loyal to my Captain General. I was also loyal to my Regiment (as an entity), the honour/responsibility of being a Snr NCO (after I got there), the Guns, and my soldiers. I was not, and still am not loyal to, and repulsed by - the politically correct CF (the political beast, not fellow soldiers), and it‘s "quislings"; politicians, Officers(and others) who are career-minded to the point of neglecting those under and around them and others who are working hard to strip away loyalty, pride, and traditions that have taken generations to be created. Sorry - didn‘t mean to write "all fluffy", but Soldiers are taught to be, and want to be - loyal. I think it grows harder and harder to be that way. :cdn:

Bossi, I said this with the basic principle in mind that loyalty is a two-way thing. So I am loyal to the people I serve with, as long as they are loyal to others as well as to myself, regardless of rank or posn. :cdn:

Back