• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question on enrollment (merit-listed)

vicand1

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

The other day, I received a call from CFRC saying that they were switching me to one of two positions (vehicle tech) on account of my eyesight (v4). The person who called me said that they'll call me again to offer me a job in October, and soon after the fall bmq will start. My question is Should I be concerned since I was merit listed 1.5 months prior to this selection date?
I speculate that the applicants who applied for jobs earlier than me would've been accepted ~July when the summer BMQ started, so I hope that I'm not too low on the merit list.

Also, the interviewer said I did very well on testing, and I assume the interview too. Will this boost my chances in the merit list?
Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

From what I understand the merit list is not a 'waiting list' based on time waiting. You're graded on everything throughout the application, from CFAT to your interview and background. If you truly scored well on everything, this is why your recruiter is optimistic in a quick job offer. But remember, every new applicant could potentially score better than you so there's no sure thing until you officially get an offer.

Good luck!

When I had my interview last October, I was also informed that I scored very high on the aptitude test and that it gave me a very competitive edge on the trades I was applying for and that I could be starting BMQ by April. I had a second interview in February to make a slight adjustment to the trades I was applying for, and was told I could still be starting as soon as April as there was nothing preventing them from proceeding with my application.. I called back in April and was then informed that they were just waiting on my background check, which could take anywhere from 2 weeks, to 2 years.. very frustrating to hear something like that.. I called back once a month to get updates on the progress, my offer came in July. I start my BMQ Sept. 1.. Long way from April. so, be very patient at this point. Get in shape if you haven't already. You very well could get a call soon, but you may have to wait quite some time.. Best of luck to you!

Your position on the merit list is decided from all four aspects of the process (CFAT, Medical, TSD and interview), as well as the details in your file itself. No one here can tell you how your personal situation has directly affected your position on the merit list. I suggest you wait and see what October brings, if nothing comes up contact your file manager and see what needs to be done to increase your competitiveness. 

I am not a recruiter so take that with a grain of salt.

Good luck!

Ducimus BTC said:
Your position on the merit list is decided from all four aspects of the process (CFAT, Medical, TSD and interview), as well as the details in your file itself.

I don't believe there is a score for your medical? Is there?

Gunshark said:
I don't believe there is a score for your medical? Is there?

PASS/FAIL

What is your Air Factor
What is your Hearing
What is your eyesight
etc.

Back