• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question re uniform.

BlueJays1985

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello.

Are there ever any problems with what a soldier... or recruit... wears under their uniforms? I ask because I think I would be comfortable with compression gear or "spandex" on as a base layer while doing those infamous long ass ruck marches or PT. Id assume there would be no problem as long as its not visible, but Im well aware of what they say about makin assumptions...

Any feedback?

Wearing Under Armour/spandex type underwear is fine, lots of us do it.

But, if you want to wear a moisture wicking t-shirt instead of the issue one, make sure it is OD green not black, not tan, etc. This is more of a thing to do with your unit, not on a BMQ/BMQ-Land or DP1 course as it may bring unwanted attention towards yourself.

The only time this type of clothing wouldn't be allowed is on a deployment, due to this stuff melting when exposed to flame.

Unwanted attention, right. Be the grey man, Ive heard that before.
Alright thanks, Im clearly a little over excited to get the BMQ process started and am having a hard time just sitting back and relaxing - this dam social media world has created a need for 'instant satisfaction'. I just gotta chill out and play it cool

Ill keep your points in mind, thanks

108 Stitches said:
Hello.

Are there ever any problems with what a soldier... or recruit... wears under their uniforms? I ask because I think I would be comfortable with compression gear or "spandex" on as a base layer while doing those infamous long *** ruck marches or PT. Id assume there would be no problem as long as its not visible, but Im well aware of what they say about makin assumptions...

Any feedback?

Whenever I do/did the BFT as of late, I would wear long compression shorts. Cut down on the thigh chafe and generally made things more comfortable for me... If they dont see it, you're usually alright. But the T-shirt thing (especially on a recruit course) is spot on.

Back