• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question regarding DEO plan

jackhammer96

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi. I currently attend University in my first year (just heading into finals) for a BA degree in Criminology and Justice within Ontario. I wanted to know if my Criminology and Justice degree enabled me to apply through the DEO plan for the Intelligence Officer position.

Thank you.

Hello jackhammer96

Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces.

Here are a list of what BA degree's will be accepted for Intelligence officer.

IDEAL -Baccalaureate degree: Conflict Studies, Computer Science, Global Studies / Development, History, International Relations/ Studies, Military and Strategic Studies, Political Science / Politics,
Bachelor of Engineering: Computers

ACCEPTED - Any Baccalaureate degree

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

I appreciate the response.

After searching through the forums, I couldn't exactly find any information on the process of getting into the trade of being an intelligence officer. I'm under the impression that your CFAT scores need to be substantially higher than the average? Would that be correct? Is there any additional information you can lend me in the process?

Thanks for your time.

jackhammer96,

You do need a higher score on the Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) in order to qualify for officer occupations. One of the factors affecting an applicant's suitability is that they do not take the CFAT seriously. In essence, applicants sometimes don't adequately prepare. If it has been a while since you have done problem solving at the high school level, it would be beneficial to review some math problems. Doing well on the CFAT (especially in problem solving) will increase your chances at being selected for an officer occupation.

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#tab3

CFAT Practice Test

Back