• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

question regarding medical and selection

Shera

Inactive
Reaction score
I have done a search and can't find the exact answers i'm looking for.

Applied for Nav Comm, done aptitude testing and interview, medical to be done Oct 5 (not worried should get clean bill of health).
I was told at my interview that providing no further testing is required for medical, my file would be sent to ottawa and once returned I would be up for weekly selection.

The question is what exactly does Ottawa review? Is it a full review of my application for final approval(back check etc) or just a medical review?
Also I noted at the recruiting centre that NavComm is currently one of the jobs in demand. Would this possibly mean my name will be called up faster?

Just trying to figure out if i'm actually going to be going to BMQ at some point

Thanks in advance and my apologies if this has been discussed and I missed it in my search.

Hi shera, and welcome to army *dot* see-eh.

Those are very specific questions that I think a recruiter would be best asked, vice on this board.  I understand that recruiters can't answer all questions, but they may in this case.  As for a trade being in demand, I couldn't even guess if that would mean that you would "get in" faster.

Anyway, my best advice is two-fold.  First, call your recruiter with these specific questions.  Second, instead of relying on the search function, just browse the recruiting office forum.  Sometimes a casual browsing may find stuff faster for you

Well the answer to your first question is that the med file is sent to Ottawa for a review by the Recruiting Medical Office. A doctor will do a paper review of the information gathered by the Medical Technician Phasycians Assitant. IF it comes back that you are medicaly fit at that level than you will be selected for a position in the trade you are applying for. Once selected you will be called with a job offer. If you accept your job offer you will be course loaded and enrolled. That could take a few weeks depending on when you are deamed medicaly fit.

Hope that helps.

That was helpful TR thanks :)  I was just curious if it was a medical review Ottawa did or a full review. So basically as long as i'm med fit i'm playing the selection waiting game, that's awesome!

Back